2021 - Yellow Belt Champion @EL_WEASLEY

By EL_WEASLEY 

By EL_WEASLEY 

I'm pulled into "The Nether." One minute I'm running for my life, escape a few feet in front of me, and then I'm dropped into some sort of portal. I know I'm in The Nether Reality because I've been here before, once, when I was young. I vowed never to come here again. Yet, somehow... here I am.

"About time, Xenon," a deep, scratchy voice echoes through my mind.

My heart jumps out of my chest and my stomach falls. No, no, not you again, I think.

The voice laughs. The sound is like the grating of rocks in my ears. "You? Hm, try again."

"Don't try to trick me again. I know what you are." My eyes search the pitch-black darkness in hopes to find something, anything, but like The Nether has and always will be, there is absolutely nothing.

"So? What am I then?" The voice is calm now, daunting, almost.

For a moment, all I can hear the rapid beating of my heart. I take in a sharp breath. "You're a demon."

It laughs, this time louder. It's like a groveling roar. "Oh, dear Xenon, how gullible must you be. You are smarter than this. I know that, because," it pauses, "I am you. I always have been," it sounds like it's coming from my right.

I turn my head, but nothing is there.

"I always will be," it comes from the left.

My whole body shifts to face the left, but nothing is there but solid black.

I feel the entity enter back inside of my head. "You can't leave until you accept me as us. I'm not letting you get away so easily this time."

"What do you want?" I ask, feeling my will slipping. I just want to get back. I want to get out of here.

"I want us to be connected again. We are supposed to be one being, I know you feel it too. I know sometimes you know part of you is missing."

As much as I want it to be wrong, it's not. I know exactly what it's talking about. But I still don't trust it with a twenty-foot pole. Hell no. "I don't think so."

"What?" The voice is dangerously low.

"I'm fine just how I am right now. No matter what I'm missing or what I feel. I know in my gut that I'm better off without you. You are evil, and I want none of that. So have a good life... far away from me."

"YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" It screams.

My ears begin to ring, and I feel myself begin to get dizzy. My body involuntarily drops to the ground, or at least, what must be some sort of ground, since The Nether isn't really anything at all.

Everything begins to shake. But I can't tell if it's my body or the entire Nether. But it goes on for a few seconds before I see a burst of light.

Then everything is still.