2022 - Green Belt Champion @Fallxn_Freak

Origin by Fallxn_Freak

"Please! No!"

Rebel stalked closer and closer, her target frantically pushed his body against the bricked dead end of the alleyway.

"I'll do anything to make it up to you," he pleaded, "anything! Just please don't kill me!"

"Then you shouldn't have talked shit about The Keep. Both of us know you can't be spared, not after something like that."

"But that place is hell Rebel, hell! He's brainwashed you, all of you! It's not the paradise you claim it is. That place doesn't deserve to be complemented! It deserves everything it gets and more! If he wants me dead because of that, then that's fucking petty of him!"

Rebel tightened her grip around her dagger in an effort to ground herself. Not once had she mentioned The Keep being paradise, in fact it was as far as one could stray without directly entering the Underworld.

"Best regards in the Otherworld."

At this point, tears started streaming down her target's cheeks. "Fuck you," he hollered. "Fuck you all!"

Rebel positioned her dagger at his throat, just so the tip touched his skin. Any sudden movement from him would result in death.

Tears threatened to fall from Rebel's eyes as she struggled to keep her expression neutral. She was practically killing a member of her family. Sure, she wasn't very close to him, she didn't even know his name, but the weight still remained. The dagger felt like a 50 pound weight, Rebel was grateful to have his skin act as a support.

"Watch out below!"

Both Rebel and her target snapped their attention to the roof tops.

Suddenly, a girl flew over Rebel and her target before landing on the cobbled ground right behind Rebel.

As the mysterious girl dusted off her beige overcoat, Rebel couldn't help but stare in confusion and awe. She looked like an angel. From what Rebel could see, her skin was a beautiful warm ivory, her hair was a wave of ebony that cascaded to the middle of her back.

Gods, she was beautiful.

The girl turned to face Rebel, and that's when Rebel was met with the most beautiful arctic blue eyes she had ever seen.

"Sorry for ruining your little gathering, but I gotta run. Your friend had a good idea."

That's when Rebel noticed that, during her trance, her target had managed to sneak away.

"If anyone comes looking for me, I wasn't here. Maybe see you around,eh?" She then took off into a sprint, the contents of her cloth sack that she had clutched in her hand jingling beside her.

When Rebel was sure that the mysterious stranger was far away, she let out an aggravated sigh. "Shit," she cussed, "I'm fucking dead."

***

"You what!" Callan slammed his fist on his desk, causing Rebel to jump.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't risk it! She could have turned me in! I can get him next time!"

"That is, if he doesn't flee the kingdom because he knows he's on the fucking hit list!" Callan's glare threatened to pierce Rebel's chest.

"You know, Rebel, you better up your game. If you don't, I may have to gift you back to the streets."

The thought of having to scavenge for food everyday sent a chill up Rebel's spine. "It won't happen again, sir."

Callan's glare transformed into a sinister smirk. "Mm, good. Wouldn't want your punishment to be more severe than it already is."

***

"We're getting rich tonight boys." Vespire let out a soft chuckle as she strolled towards the darkened mansion.

She could tell that whoever owned the house definitely had some change to spare. It was done with brick, something that was uncommon in Exarcadia. The roof was done with beautiful black shingles, and the windows were covered with a beautiful burgundy curtain. Neatly trimmed hedges followed the dirt road that led towards the property.

Soon, all that spare change, and possibly much more, would belong to her and her crew, not those filthy rich fools.

Suddenly, the creak of the front door alerted her that she was not alone. She quickly dove behind the hedges and propped her head up to view the front door.

"-and don't come back until then, or else," screamed a male voice as he threw a girl, no older than her, outside. The door slammed behind the girl, and Vespire heard the sound of a lock clicking.

Vespire quickly leapt out of the hedge and ran towards the girl. Through the light that shone through the open door, Vespire instantly recognized the girl as the one she had saw while fleeing. After all, that girl was the only girl she saw who had beautiful, crimson red hair.

As Vespire got closer, she couldn't help the pain that had seeped into her heart. The girl was all battered and bruised, cuts and bruises of different thicknesses and colors littered her body. The girl's breaths sounded forced, and she struggled to push herself up.

"Let me help you," Vespire whispered.

"No," the girl wheezed, "I don't need your help-"

Ignoring the girl's words, Vespire scooped her up into her arms. "I'm not going to hurt you love, I promise," she whispered as she noticed the girl beginning to shake.

Almost as if those were the words she had been waiting to hear, the girl closed her eye and entered into a peaceful slumber.

Vespire smiled. "When you wake up, you'll be all better."

***

Rebel awoke to a deep pain all over her body.

She groaned as she tried to push herself upright. Her muscles trembled and protested against it.

"Hey, don't do that."

Rebel recognized the voice as the beautiful girl who had picked her up.

The girl sat down on the edge of the cot, and that's when Rebel realized she had no idea were she was.

The floors and walls were some sort of wood, she guessed spruce. There were only two cots in the room, each consisted of a flattened pillow and a small, knitted quilt. The room seemed to sway, Rebel guessed they were possibly on a ship of sorts, although she couldn't smell the salt of the sea.

As if reading her mind, the girl spoke. "I brought you to my ship, I hope you don't mind. By the look of your injuries, you needed a place to rest up."

Rebel kept silent as she examined the room for possible exits in case things went haywire.

"Realized I didn't introduce myself. I'm Vespire."

Rebel didn't say a thing.

"And you are?" Vespire carried a friendly smile, one that Rebel felt she could trust.

"Rebel," she muttered.

Vespire's smile widened. "Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Rest up Rebel, okay? It'll help your injuries heal faster. The healers did all they can do right now to help."

As Vespire left, a small smile spread on Rebel's face.

Maybe, just maybe, things were starting to get better.