2022 - Purple Belt Champion @The_Fireball_OG

The cockroach man by The_Fireball_OG

It hadn't even been a minute, but Agent Jay already wanted to leave the abandoned building he had entered. Although his job made him risk his life continuously, this time it wasn't that simple. BeeGirl, a fellow superhero from the Superhero League was with him.

"Do you sense anything?" he asked her quietly.

"No, not really. But my instinct tells me we should go from this way" she replied with confidence.

Jay had no choice but to follow her. Her bee suit looked cute, he thought, and her brown hair and smooth skin made her very attractive. But, she still was just a young girl. Not more than 19 but she had already become a superhero.

She had many powers, many of them bee-like. She could even fly with her small wings on her back and sting people with poisonous stingers that came out of her hands. But she could also sense life. And that was what they wanted to do in that old, dark, abandoned building.

Agent Jay had been looking for the cockroach man for months, and now they finally knew where he is. The only problem was they didn't know where exactly. That's where BeeGirl comes in. But Agent Jay didn't have much faith in the Superhero League, and the person they sent him didn't look like someone that could swallow all the dangers of the job.

Even if that was the case, he had no choice. They kept walking, Jay practically following his cooperator as she walked through the empty rooms.

A horrible stench started coming into their noses that only got more insufferable as they walked deeper into the building. The walls, which were once dusty, old, and cold now became slimy from some sort of mold and also some sort of feces.

The maze-like rooms were only lit by Jay's flashlight and every now and then a big, fat, pitch-black cockroach would walk out of them.

"Yikes, I hate cockroaches!" BeeGirl exclaimed while trying to stay away from them.

Jay hurried to smash them with his foot before continuing forward, where BeeGirl was leading him. A rusty metal door laid upon them, blood on it. "R" was written on it with blood, most likely the first letter from "run". The one who wrote it probably didn't have enough time.

Jay walked to the door and grabbed the handle in an attempt to open it.

"Wait!" BeeGirl interrupted him.

"What?"

"I sense much life in there. It's... weird. Moving life. Lots of it. He is in there, no doubt, but something is with him too. We should... be careful"

Jay looked at her eyes and saw the fear in them. He nodded and drew his gun. But just before he tried to open the door, he looked at that "R" the last time.

"Maybe I can..." he thought to himself and touched it.

He concentrated. Could his power work on it? The answer was yes, as he was soon able to know who wrote that message, how he was like when he wrote it, his... last seconds.

He puked.

"Wha... what's wrong?" BeeGirl said anxiously.

That was Agent Jay's ability. To know all those stuff just from touching something that someone wrote. Whether it would be in a notebook, a tablet, a mobile phone, or, well, blood.

"They ate..." Jay managed to get a grip on himself.

"Who ate what?"

"Nothing."

He didn't have to scare her anymore. She was already scared of cockroaches. If she told her what happened to that man...

He opened the door before BeeGirl could say anything else. Then, he pointed his flashlight at the corpse lying ahead of them. Corpse? No. The cockroach man. Hundreds of those disgusting bugs roamed all over him, getting inside his ears, and mouth and coming out of his eyes and nose.

It was BeeGirl's turn to puke in the sight of that rotten man who would be dead by now if those damn bugs didn't give him strength. As his feet were completely melted, allowing for his bones to show, his hair had fallen off, except only a few hairs that baby cockroaches were chewing off. He had only one eye left, the right one. The other eye hole was empty, allowing for cockroaches to come in and out.

His clothes had melted on him, allowing for many cockroach nests to be made on them, and apparently, they had been made, as thousands of eggs lay on him.

"Jesus, man, you used to be normal once."

"Once, before your petty gang made me run into hiding. And as you injured my feet so much I couldn't move, I stayed here, with my beautiful companions feeding me." he managed to say, even though his destroyed teeth and tongue alienated his voice.

"Feed you...what?" BeeGirl said, terrified.

"THEMSELVES" he yelled and immediately closed his mouth, crunching the bugs that were unlucky enough to stroll in there. Their blood and insides were spread all over, and with his weak tongue, he managed to lick them off his lips.

"Leave, I can handle it myself," Jay told his partner as he saw she couldn't take it anymore.

"How about you both die?" the cockroach man giggled disgustingly. "Attack, my army!"

The cockroaches coordinately attacked the pair who ran away. BeeGirl was the first to do so, flying so as to be sure she wouldn't step on any bug. Jay held her and flew with her, but not before he shot the man (if you can call him a man, more like a thing) in the face.

But the bugs could fly too and soon many were following them with insane speed. BeeGirl couldn't help but scream but Jay told her to calm down. To no avail. The bugs came very close to her and Jay managed to shoot some of them. His accuracy was one of the best ones out there.

"Let's leave, let's leave!" BeeGirl said with some hope in her voice as she saw the light at the end of the building.

Meanwhile, a swarm of bugs was so close to them, that some managed to jump on Jay and started chewing his pants and shoes.

"Yikes," he said as he shook his leg. "Listen, you must do that thing with the honey, or they will get us."

"I am not uncovering my skin! What if they jump on it?"

"Do you prefer to be eaten like that man?"

"I...I... I prefer if they don't touch me."

"THEN DO THE HONEY THING."

"ALRIGHT, FINE!"

She quickly uncovered her sleeves, and honey started coming out of her body. Much of it started dripping down to the floor quickly, halting the swarm slowly, one dozen cockroaches at a time. But the ear-piercing swarm of flying bugs still was after them and even though BeeGirl tried throwing her honey on them, it was never enough.

Jay thought quickly. He loaded a flare on his pistol and shot, burning all the bugs just in time. They were so close that the fire's heat could be felt on their skin.

The light on the end of the building, the outside world, had now grown bigger. They were right next to it and they hurried to get out, after which BeeGirl let Jay on the ground.

"Damn, we are one good duo!" she said, proud of herself.

"I will not ask help from the Superhero League, ever again" was all Jay said before leaving.