Chapter 2

(Caleb's POV)

I walked confidently down the school corridors and smiled arrogantly when several girls turned to look at me admiringly. Not that I can blame them!

I have a nice body and I'm extremely popular. Not to mention I have the hottest girl in school as my girlfriend.

I walked to my lunch table and smirked when I saw my best friends Mac and Sean, Lexi, my girlfriend, and her two friends whose names I can't remember.

"Hey baby," Lexi said as she pulled me into a hug. I sat down on my seat, and kissed the top of her beautiful brown hair.

"So what are you guys talking about?"

By the excited looks on their faces, I knew it was going to be good.

"We're going camping," Mac said eagerly and Sean nodded vigorously. They looked like two love struck teenage girls that had just gotten asked out to prom by their crush.

"No, that's lame," Lexi said as she ran her perfectly manicured hands up and down my chest.

"Actually, that sounds like a good idea," Lexi looked horrified and I smiled as I kissed her cheeks. "We should go," I tried convincing her.

"I can't, I've got cross country practice all spring break," Lexi said. I groaned in disappointment and she leaned over and bit my ear lobe. I smiled when she whispered in my ear. "I promise I'll make it up to you." I grinned and she pulled away with a seductive smirk.

"Hello, we're still here," Sean said impatiently. Lexi giggled and so did her friends. "So are we going or what?"

"Who's going?"

"Just us since they don't want to," he indicated Lexi and her friends. Lexi looked apologetic but I shook my head and smiled at her reassuringly.

"I'm in," and with those words it was all set. I don't understand why, but every time I go camping I feel at peace. I feel as if I'm complete, and sometimes I feel a strong yearning to be out there in the woods.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. There was obviously some assigned homework, but come on! Who does homework during spring break? I sure as hell won't!

I got on my black BMW car, which I got for my eighteenth birthday, and drove home.

"Mom I'm home," I called out as I searched for her, and I found her in front of the TV crying her eyes out. I wasn't alarmed since this is the time for her daily soap opera. "I'm going camping with my friends tomorrow," I said and she nodded not once taking her eyes off the television.

"Okay have fun," she sniffed.

I rolled my eyes and began to pack my things. Let's see clothes, shoes, sleeping bag, tent, tooth brush/paste, cologne, shampoo, soap, wallet, cell phone. I nodded, satisfied that I had everything ready and went to sleep eagerly waiting for tomorrow.

00000000000000000000000000000000

I woke up at nine in the morning and began getting ready to go pick up my friends. After saying goodbye to my parents, I hopped on my car and drove to each of their houses. With a lot of insistence from Mac, and terrible persuasion from Sean, I sat on the passenger seat while Mac drove.

"You better not crash my car," I mumbled angrily but relaxed when we passed by several trees. The wind blowing on my face soothed and relaxed me.

I dozed off after a few minutes, and when I woke up I took in the scenery that I had never seen before. At that thought, I froze. We've gone camping dozens of times, but the road does not look familiar at all.