Chapter 15

(Caleb's POV)

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I almost hissed at the sudden searing pain in the back of my head. I felt a bit disoriented as I looked around the storage.

I tried moving my hands, but they were bound behind my back. I heard crying, and that's when I remembered everything. We were going to help these people, but ended up being kidnapped as well.

Some heroes we turned out to be.

I silently searched for my friends. Fortunately, I didn't have to look far. They were lying down beside me unconscious but otherwise unharmed.

I looked them over and noticed they also had their hands bound. However, they had rope while I had...cuffs?

I tried to free my hands, but then hissed in pain when it burned my skin. What the hell?

"It's silver," a guy whispered from beside me.

I turned to look at him, and he smiled sadly. I took in his appearance and noted that he seemed young, about fifteen years old.

I also noted that none of the people were gagged anymore. I wanted to ask questions, but then I heard Kevin's voice.

"What is their plan bitch?" he growled at a woman angrily.

"My mate will kill you," the blonde woman answered defiantly as she glared at Kevin.

Kevin smirked and punched her jaw. I winced when she spit out blood. I took in her bruised face and resisted the urge to growl. Her entire face was littered in bruises, and her nose was bleeding heavily.

"My grandmother hits harder than you," she said with a chuckle. Following her statement was another harsh slap.

"If you do not cooperate, I will have to force you to do it."

The woman's eyes widened in fear when he cackled. Kevin pressed a silver knife on her flat belly.

"What do you say now bitch? Will you talk?" Her eyes softened, yet she shook her head sadly. "No? Not even to save the life of your baby?" Kevin cooed as tears began forming in her eyes.

"Leave her alone you no good a**hole!"

My eyes widened as I saw Mac tugging at his binds. I had not realized he was awake until now. Ash and Sean were also trying to free themselves.

I spared a quick glance to Kevin, who had now shifted his attention towards my friends. He growled angrily as he stalked towards them.

I have to do something!

"Yeah, what kind of a man hits a pregnant woman? Personally, I doubt you're even a man," I taunted hoping he took the bait. By the way he turned his attention to me angrily, I knew that it had worked. "You're pathetic," I said hoping he wouldn't notice that I was just about to piss myself.

Kevin was in front of me in a matter of seconds, and I resisted the urge to gulp.

"I remember you," he said as he narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "You're that rogue we saw back at the club."

Well, I'm screwed. He looked me up and down sizing me up, and then he laughed mockingly.

"Your scent is still weak pup," he taunted as I growled angrily at him. "And these are your friends?" He continued laughing as he indicted Mac, Sean and Ash. "Yes, I can see it clearly now. A weak rogue leading a pack of weak humans," he sneered.

I looked past Kevin and noticed that Spencer was watching with an amused smirk. He silently approached us and cleared his throat.

"It seems fate crossed our paths again," Spencer crouched down to my level and smirked.