Chapter 5

(Jade's POV)

I sighed as I watched Mason deliver another punch to a rogue that we kept alive for interrogation. It's been over two hours, and he refused to answer our questions. His silence was beginning to irritate me.

I knew it wasn't a coincidence that fifteen rogues attacked us in one day. Fortunately, none of my wolves were killed, though we had several injured.

"Who sent you?" Mason growled as he pulled out a silver knife. The rogue looked completely unimpressed. Mason turned to me and handed me the knife. I gladly took it and approached the cocky wolf. He was going to talk, of that I was certain.

I smirked cruelly, and he had the nerve to look amused. It was evident that he found me inept simply for being a woman.

"Listen lovely, why don't you put down the knife? You might hurt yourself. Your precious hands should make themselves useful by touching-"

He didn't finish his perverted comment since I plunged the knife into his thigh. He cried out in agony, and I roughly tugged on his hair. He yelped as I forced him to meet my intimidating gaze.

"Next time I won't miss," I threatened. His eyes widened, realizing play time was over.

"Alpha Tyler," the rogue's eyes met mine. "He wants you dead Miss Alpha. He will go to any lengths to make sure you die. He has recruited several wolves."

"Who has he recruited?" I asked him angrily, and he chuckled. Mason took the knife from me and placed it on his throat threateningly. The rogue reluctantly continued.

"Rogues, he's paying us a good sum of money for your head, and yours," he tilted his head towards Mason. "Not that it's a very difficult task, seeing as your pack just got out of a war. How many died in that two year war? How many more will die? Judging by how much he's paying, I'm saying you're dead meat bitch."

I ignored his comment and turned away from him. However I froze when he refused to stop there.

"He screamed in agony, or so Tyler says. He whined like a pup," the rogue chuckled. I didn't need to ask who he was talking about; it was obvious he meant Michael. "Did you know he was the one to kill your mother? Oh, how that bitch screamed! I would pay to see that, her agonized screams in sync with your brother and fat-" Before he could finish his cruel words, I lunged at him and brusquely clawed his face.

I could feel blood splashing my face and clothes as I kept tearing him to shreds. He begged for mercy, but I gave him none. I only saw red as I decapitated the bastard. Even after he was dead, I kept attacking him. I let out my pent up frustration and hatred and took it out on his mangled corpse.

"Jade, he's dead you can stop," I growled at Mason but obeyed. He was right. "You had all the right to do it but there is no use to waste more of your time on him. He's not worth it."

'Alpha we have more trespassers.'

Mason and I exchanged glances and immediately took off. Now that we know that Tyler is behind the attacks, we might as well get rid of his henchmen.

Tyler

He's becoming a bigger thorn on my side than I had anticipated. As much as I hated to admit it, the rogue was right. We just came out of war and my pack has not recovered yet.

I followed the scent of rogues, which were too close to my pack for my liking. It unnerved me that there were only three.

It didn't take long for me to realize that they were stronger than the average.

The biggest one snarled angrily at me, and I wasted no time in discarding my clothes and shifting. He eyed me warily and I looked him up and down, looking for a weakness.