Chapter 9

(Caleb's POV)

After our argument, Jade left and I was glad she did. I had to gather my thoughts about her. I didn't talk to anyone when I went back to the mansion. I locked myself in my room until I eventually drifted off to sleep, but the same thoughts kept plaguing my mind.

She's going to declare war against a pack, and she doesn't even care that people will die! I can't believe I actually thought she was a good person. She probably decided to declare war because her precious Mason got hurt, I thought bitterly.

"Hey Caleb are you alright?" Mac asked me worriedly. I nodded. "Jade hasn't come back since you guys left yesterday. We asked Geo, but he won't say anything. Did something happen between you two?" I shook my head refusing to say anything.

"Come on man, we know something's going on here. We're your best buds, you can tell us anything," Sean said with a smile.

Before I could open my mouth, Geo walked into my room. I looked away in anger. Geo was probably supporting Jade's ludicrous plan of declaring war. Heck, he was probably torturing and killing people along with her.

How could I forget that these people are all animals? Torturing and killing is probably a game to them.

"Caleb-"

"Where's Jade?" I interrupted him before he could speak. Geo didn't seem surprised by my sudden interruption. He shook his head and spoke.

"She's talking to the pack. We believe it's time for you to be properly introduced to them." I shook my head. No way! I don't want to meet a pack of werewolves.

Geo sighed. "You have to meet your pack Caleb."

"My pack?" I asked outraged.

"Yes, since the alpha is your mate you are automatically part of the pack," Geo calmly explained.

"She is not my mate, and I am not part of this pack!" I stood and began to pace the room in anger. "How many times do I have to tell you I am human!? Humans don't belong in packs!" Geo opened his mouth, but I finally looked him in the eye and glared. "Are you aware of what she did to those three surviving, now deceased, rogues?"

He flinched in answer.

"Do you think it's alright to torture another living person?" I asked as Geo sighed.

"Our methods may seem barbaric to you, but they were completely necessary."

I shook my head in disappointment. "Leave."

Geo's fists clenched, but he obeyed. I felt Mac and Sean giving me incredulous looks.

Once the door was closed my friends stared at me.

"What?"

"Come on Caleb, you know that was uncalled for. Geo has been kind to us," Sean said.

"Yeah man, now we know that something is up," Mac said as he sat beside me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said as I stood up abruptly. "I want to leave this place," I said.

"You want to leave?"

"Yes, I want to leave. We don't belong here guys," I said. Today marks a whole week of being here. I can't believe we've been here for so long, it feels as if we've been here for months. Oh damn! That means I haven't talked to my parents in a week, they must be worried sick.

And...Lexi!

Oh crap, I can't believe I forgot about my girlfriend. She must be worried sick about me, and what did I repay her with? I forgot about her and cheated. I can't believe this!