Chapter 4

(Caleb's POV)

I was shocked when the beautiful female that had walked into the room seemed completely affectionate towards me. I didn't even know her, yet she acted as if we were long lost lovers. I felt uncomfortable when she held me and looked at me with such adoration. Mate, she kept calling me, which just added to my confusion.

She seemed angry at Mason for even suggesting killing me, which I took it as a good sign.

Mac and Sean kept glancing at me, and it was really starting to irritate me.

"What?" I snapped moodily and they immediately turned the other way and gave 'inconspicuous' whistles. "What ever you want to say, just say it."

After the whole encounter, Geo took the liberty to escort us to some guest bedrooms, that I had to admit were amazing. We each had king sized beds with fluffy pillows and soft mattresses. We had our own restroom, shower, and dresser. Mac and Sean had their own rooms but none of us wanted to be alone.

"Caleb, mate is the term used for breeding animals," Mac said a bit uncomfortable. I nodded in understanding, and he sighed before continuing. "She is probably a wolf so....umm...she chose you as her partner."

My mouth dropped open as it all registered. That is why she looked at me in adoration. She wants me!

Oh hell no! She won't have me. I will not 'mate' an animal, no matter how human she looks.

I gotta get out of here!

"Lucky bastard," Sean murmured.

I turned to look at him incredulously. He was not the object of affection for an animal. She was beautiful, I had to admit, but I could not risk my life by staying.

"At least she spared our lives," Mac said thoughtfully. "Who do you think she is?" I shrugged.

Don't know, don't care. All I have to do is plan a way to safely leave this place without being caught. The front door was completely out of the question.

I stood up and went towards the balcony. I smiled when I noticed it was unlocked. It's obvious that these people aren't very bright. Who leaves the prisoners in a room with an unlocked escape route? I eagerly opened it but froze when I saw several men sparring outside.

They were all big and muscular. There is no way we could escape without being noticed by at least one of them. I sighed in disappointment and closed the door.

"We can always call someone to send a rescue team for us," Sean said as he reached for his back pocket but froze.  "They took my cell phone."

I searched for mine and found they had taken mine as well. By Mac's defeated stare, I knew they had taken his as well. I sighed and maintained my composure. There was no need to panic.

"We can just wait for nightfall, surely they sleep."

I was glad that we had a clock so we knew the time, which was half past seven. We made a makeshift rope using the blankets. It didn't look like it would untangle, but I guess we'll find out when we leave.

My friends fell asleep, but I waited patiently. I would occassionally take a look outside to check when the men left.

By midnight the last one went inside the mansion.

This is it!

I quietly woke Mac and Sean. They looked at me confused and were about to speak, but I pressed my index finger towards my lips. They nodded as we slowly climbed down the balcony. It was a huge hassle considering we were on the third floor and we had to keep quiet. I got down first, followed by Mac, and lastly Sean.