Chapter 6

(Caleb's POV)

I walked downstairs towards the kitchen and sighed when Mac and Sean were fighting for a bagel. Sometimes I found it hard to believe that I was friends with those two idiots. Geo just watched them in amusement.

"Get your own fu*king bagel asshole," Mac angrily tugged on the bagel.

"But this is my bagel," Sean said as he tried to pry the pastry from Mac's clutches. Mac refused to relinquish his hold, but it was obvious Sean would not give up.

I zoned out the rest of their petty fight as I remembered how my morning was spent. After I left Jade's room,  I found Mac and Sean screaming like maniacs. They seriously thought that I had been kidnapped and tortured. I suppose it didn't help that my shirt was covered in blood.

After much convincing that the blood was not mine, I went to take a quick shower. I borrowed some of Geo's clothes because I still hadn't retrieved our camping bags.

"Hey Geo, do you think we could get our stuff back?" I asked as I took a seat beside Mac, who was happily munching on his bagel. Sean sulked on the corner as he threw a glare at the seemingly oblivious Mac.

"I don't see why not, but I do have to admit that your car was a total wreck. It's going to take the boys a while to get it fixed," Geo answered. I raised an eyebrow. I had no idea they had been fixing my car.

"This place is enormous, are you the only three inhabitants?" Mac asked referring to Mason and Jade.

Geo shook his head. I looked at him curiously. I hadn't bothered to ask how many people lived here, seeing as the mansion was practically deserted.

"This is the pack house, so several unmated wolves live here," Geo answered. "They're most likely out training as we speak."

"Can we go watch the training?" Mac asked, and after a second of pondering, Geo nodded.

"I will have to accompany you," Geo said seriously.  "Stay close to me and don't you dare try and run away because you will be caught," he warned and looked at us disapprovingly.

0000000000000000000000000

We were all silent as we watched the scenery around us. There were so many trees, which I guess I shouldn't be surprised about. They're animals, and it's only logical that animals want to be around nature.

An animal...Jade is one of them. When I thought of her I couldn't help but remember what happened between us. My face became heated as I remembered her touch.

I hadn't realized I had stopped walking until Geo snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Keep up," I blinked in confusion until I took in my surroundings. This looked like a regular town. Children were running around, while others were walking hand in hand with their mothers. There were bakeries, stores, schools, and houses.

I didn't know what I was expecting, but normal civilization was not one of them. I felt uncomfortable when everyone's stares were on us, but Mac and Sean didn't seem to notice since they kept eyeing every little thing in interest. People nodded at Geo in acknowledgement, but their stares lingered on me.

Geo smiled and nodded at some of them, but he remained silent. We kept walking until we ended up at a training field. Several men and teenagers were cheering on what appeared to be a sparring match.

I eagerly made my way to see who was fighting. However, I sighed in irritation when I saw who it was.

Mason

He was fighting against a guy that I had never seen before.

The guy threw several punches and kicks, but Mason smoothly dodged them all. Every time he evaded, I felt disappointment. I wanted someone to wipe his arrogant smirk.