Chapter 32.5: Falling, fooling

Cont

Cont. of Day 2

Randy

When I decided to stay in Los Santos years ago, I never would have imagined that I would feel like a normal person again. After all, I have killed so many people, have hurt a lot that went against me, tortured a lot of people that I was told to, and flirted with anyone that bats their lashes for me—but never did I expect to be back in that same feeling again, when I was still living a normal life. A normal boring civilian life.

But that was before I met Ray Mond, who I met through a fucking cop. If he hadn't let Ray ride with me, I would have never met her and if I hadn't met her, my life would have been the same again. Killing people, hurting them, torturing them, flirting with them—it would have been the same all over again. But now it was so different. I still kill people and torture them, the only difference now is Ray tends to pull me back if I go demon time again. I still kill people, but I also go drive-thrus with her because that was what she wanted to do. I still torture people, but I also get to eat a fucking shaved ice again. I still flirt with people to get what I wanted, but I also get to hold her.

Never in my life would I ever hope to watch a fucking sunset or go to a fucking park because that's just so cringing for me. But Ray—she was a different type of exhilaration. And as cringe as it sounds, I like the normal things that I do with her because she makes me feel normal. She doesn't see me as the scumbag criminal and the gangster that I am—she just sees me as a normal, boring civilian. I still get the same thrill whenever I do criminal things, but I also look out for the normal things I do with her after the day ends or before the day starts. She was just different out of all the girls that I have hung out with before, but that's just also because not everyone is Ray Mond.

Heaving out a loud sigh, I raised my head and watched the different colors of the fireworks display above us. Who would have thought that pretending to be a civilian with her is this invigorating?

"Randy, look here!" I heard her say beside me and when I shifted my glance at her, she was already pointing her phone camera at me. "Smile, please?" She didn't even have to ask me twice because I just did what she said absent-mindedly. I studied her face as she looked at the picture she took of me.

"Did you at least make me look good?" I asked in frisk. "I need to look good to get me a girl, you know?" I teased her just to see her reaction.

She bobbed her head. "Aight. I deleted the picture." She raised her head at me and smiled. "You were saying?" she asked, acting clueless.

Cucking my head back from her words, I cackled from the elation she had just given me. "I didn't know you were this possessive," I mused.

"Yeah, say something like that again. I dare you," she threatened, her fiery eyes darting to me.

I nodded my head, agreeing with her as I snaked my arm around her waist. "Yes, ma'am!" I pinched her waist, causing her to step back from me, but I was faster as I already grabbed her hand before she even stepped further from me. "I told you to stop running away from me, you donut." I flicked her forehead, controlling my strength when I got a glimpse of the band-aid on her forehead, I frowned when I remembered. "I hate that I hurt you again," I quipped, remembering when I also accidentally gave her a bruise on her shoulder because I was being too careless.