Chapter 78: Two Worlds Apart

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"Your name hurts."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Growing up, Randy didn't have everything

Growing up, Randy didn't have everything. He didn't have the luxury to relax and chill because he had to help pay the bills back in London. He had to grow up quickly because he didn't have that silver spoon everyone thought he had; he earned everything he had. He had to drop out of college to pursue his knack for technology; he needed to learn how to do that without going to a university. He had to leave his hometown and his family to build everything from dust; he had to make a living and survive for his family.

Family.

That was all he wanted ever since he was young. Though he had them, he didn't have a chance to have that bond with them because he needed to grow up alone in a new country with new people.

All he wanted was a family. All he wishes for is to build his own family that doesn't worry about the future of their kids because he already has it for them. He didn't want his future kids to worry about the money that's why he needed to grit his teeth and endure the voices in his head; the ocean of voices of the hundreds of people he had killed just to get even or on top of them.

He needed to do it because he didn't want his future wife to stress about the money.

That's why he thought he was the luckiest guy to have someone like Ray Mond who also shares the same principle as him when it comes to family.

Or so he thought.

The sun had set in Los Santos and everything Randy set for their romantic dinner was all ready. He didn't like cooking for himself, but for Ray Mond, he did. With a smile caressing his lips, he lights up the three candles that are on the table. The lights were dimmed inside their apartment, the romantic music was even playing in the background.

Randy isn't the type of guy who wipes his own plate clean before eating, but for Ray Mond, he did.

He moved away from the wooden table and stared at the dinner table he set for her. The smile on his lips grew wider as he looked proudly at his creation. If his mother was there, she would be so proud of how Randy grew up the way he was. If his sister was there, she would tease the fuck out of him and the thought of his sister teasing him made him giggle as if he was getting tickled on his waist.

Randy watched the fire dance on the candles as he took his phone from his pocket. He looked at the time. It was already 7 in the evening. He starts tapping on his phone when something catches his eye. He glanced at the bandaid around his fingers and laughed when he remembered how he fought against himself while preparing the steak he cooked for the two of them.

"Right!" Randy muttered to himself after staring at the paper flower he just fixed for a good two minutes. He glanced at his phone again, still waiting for Ray's reply then sighed in defeat when he still didn't get a reply from her after debating with himself. He put his phone on the table again and looked around their apartment. He glanced at the wall clock and smiled to himself.