002.

mulani vázquez
the bronx, ny
friday • 12:47 am

don't be a silent reader!
—————————————

while following kay i greeted a few people i saw scattered around. kay led me outside to the front of the house. i had no idea whose house it was though. we end up sitting on the porch knee to knee.

"so what you wanna know, muñeca?" kay asked with a slight smirk. the way my name rolls off his tongue has me feeling some type of way. he says it so attractively.
"everything." i tell him. i really wanna see where this takes us, i know i have the capabilities to get what i want so why not try?

"we'd be sitting here for mad long if i told you everything tho," he laughed out. "things you want come to those who are patient," i'm bout to rizz this nigga up. "that's fair," he replied while pulling a pre-roll from seemingly nowhere. "i've seen a lot about you, you fake famous or sum" he started.

he raised the spliff to his pink lips and sparked the lighter, igniting the flame. i watched as he took a drag from it and slowly exhaled the remaining smoke. "i mean we in the same ocean, just different boats. i could say the same about you," damn i sound like a poet.

"what have you seen though?" i ask him. i'm curious now. "well i be seeing you on instagram and tiktok, all over my for you page and shit. you be wearing allat designer shit." it is true, i am an influencer. i've been receiving brand deals and sponsorships, the whole shabang. i have a pretty great following on multiple platforms which i am very grateful for.

"yeah, i mean i am an influencer but let's not act like you don't have the same thing going on. you been blowing up with your music and shit. im happy for you." i said, truthfully. i love seeing people succeed, don't you? "preciate you, muñeca. im happy for you too." kay took another drag from the spliff before offering it to me. i gladly accepted, i haven't gotten high in forever and i'm missing it.

while inhaling from the spliff, i could feel kay's eyes glued to me. i blow out the smoke only before taking another hit. afterwards, i passed it back to him. "so you single?" i asked. no need to beat around the bush. "getting straight to the point, huh?" he says. "i don't see the point in beating around the bush," i told him. "im a free man fasho," he replied. see that's what i like to hear.

"how about you?" he asked me in response. i nodded my head while looking at him. it seems like he's looking into my eyes in order to read me or something, almost as if he didn't believe me. "why're you looking at me like that?" i asked him.

"i thought you were talking to someone, that's all." he said looking away.

"who? im not talking to anyone" i questioned. im not talking to anyone so i just wanna know where he came to that conclusion from. "nah that's cap, there's no way hella niggas ain't tried to bag you yet." kay told me. "well what're you trying to say?" now he's about to piss me off. why do people like to assume im a hoe or something? "so you mean to tell me that if you were a nigga, you wouldn't try to bag yourself? i mean shit look at you"

ohh, i see what he's doing here. i'm not mad at it though, i respect it. i nodded my head and shrugged my shoulders in agreement. "you a trip, kay," i laughed out.

after a while of chilling with kay, zaya texted me asking where i was. i told her i was outside and she insisted i come back in and drink with her before the function's over.

i walked around the dark house making my way to the kitchen once i saw her slim figure. i feel bad for whoever lives here as it's been littered with several abandoned cups.

i tapped zayas shoulder causing her to turn around with a huge smile on her face. she was fucked up. i then looked at camrin next to her who was also fucked up. they must've been having fun, good for them.

"yo imma go holla at setty for a lil bit, text me when you leaving." camrin told zaya. "ight cool" she said. she leaned for a hug which he gladly accepted, pulling her by her waist. i swear if they don't end up together i'm ending it all.

"did y'all fuck?" she asked me out of the blue. "girl fuck no. i don't go around fucking niggas i just met." she gotta be out her rabid ass mind. don't get me wrong, if i had that chance, i'd take it, but definitely not off the first meet. "okay damn lani, chill. i was just asking you a question."

yeah she's definitely drunk because she knows i speak like this on a regular basis. i didn't mean what i said in a bitchy way. "zay, you know i didn't mean it that way," i reassured her. "oh... just making sure. anyways let's take a shot. they got henny, don julio, and dussé right there." honestly, she doesn't need to drink anymore but for the sake of the moment, i'll take her up on a shot or two.

we poured our shots of choice and down them bitches. i chased it down with some water for a balance and kept it pushing. zaya and i stood around in the kitchen catching up a little before we decided we were gonna head out. she texted camrin letting him know we were leaving and he met up with us once more to say goodbye.

i'm a little fucked up but no where near as much as zaya. since i drove us here, i'll be driving back as well. maybe not the best idea but nothing i haven't done before.

we walked to the car and i began driving us back to zayas. we weren't far from her crib so we ended up getting there pretty quickly. thankfully i'm a g with this driving shit so we got there safe and sound.

as we walked inside, i helped zaya into her room as she kept stumbling over her own feet. i mean damn, what the hell did she drink? i wasn't even gone for THAT long.

we both got ourselves ready for bed with the exception of me helping her out a little. i got under the covers and began to watch tiktoks while zaya was fast asleep. i eventually began to feel tired and dozed off to sleep along with her.

——————————————
make sure y'all vote and comment!!!

NOT PROOF READ YET!!!!

okay bc purrrd ik yall see me being consistent. who would've ever thought? 😻 i'm still trying to figure out how to pace this book tho bc i don't wanna rush shit but i also don't want it to be the slowest slow burn to ever burn yfm? anyways hope y'all enjoyed this lil chapter or whatever. leave any suggestions you might have in the comments too bc i'll definitely take them into consideration. mwuah 💋

@adoredni