003.

mulani vazquez
the bronx, ny
saturday • 11:13 am

don't be a silent reader!
——————————————

i woke up to the sound of zaya pouring her guts out in the bathroom. 'damn, she good? ' i wondered. i know last night she got so shitfaced, she probably barely remembers what happened. not me though. i got slightly cross faded after spending some time with kay and taking a shot or so with zaya.

zay entered the room and plopped down onto her bed. "i feel like shit. can you get me some tylenol?" she asked me. "yeah of course, where it's at?" she told me where she kept her medication and i made my way to go get them.

i grabbed the medicine and a bottle of water and brought it back to zayas room. "here," i handed her the stuff and sat down beside her. she silently thanked me before taking the tylenol. "you hungry?" i asked. i know she just finished throwing up and shit so that stomach mad empty. "yeah, but i'm scared to eat." she just like me fr. "come on, im hungry and you can eat something light."

i got up and walked to the kitchen and grabbed everything i needed to make a bowl of cereal. zaya dragged behind me with a pink blanket wrapped around her small figure. she began to make herself some plain ass toast with butter. i mean shii, i did tell her to eat something light.

we sat down at that table and began to eat our food. "so whatever happened with you and kay? y'all were gone for like two hours or something." zaya asked me. "bitchhh, we were chilling and everything and we smoked together. honestly his company is really nice; he has a chill demeanor." i told her. she nodded her head softly in response whilst chewing her burnt ass toast.

"so what did y'all talk about? i wanna know!" she basically demanded, okay eager. "we weren't really talking about much, just about how we constantly saw eachother on social media but never spoke."

it's honestly surprising that it took us so long to finally meet in person.

"i asked him if he was single and i guess that took him by surprise or something. then he thought it was cute to try and be funny when i told him i was single too. i don't know why nights don't be believing me when i tell 'em." i told her. "well maybe it's because you're bad as fuck? shit i'd try to bag you." she replied.

"that's ironic because he basically said the same shit. he was like 'you mean to tell me that if you were a nigga, you wouldn't try to bag yourself? i mean shit look at you' or something like that." "oou is kay flock jackin la muñeca?" she smirked.

"girl bye, that nigga don't know me... but shiii, he finna know me tho. i can show 'em better than i can tell 'em." zaya laughed after drinking more of her water.

"first of all, stop chopping that cereal up and eat it before it get soggy. second of all, he betta act like he kno! idk what nigga WOULDNT wanna be on your roster." i mean shit she not lyin. im fine as fuck, intelligent, and get my own money. i don't think it can get better than that.

"you funny yo, real shit. and leave me alone i'm eating, damn." i replied. "anyways, what happened between you and blu?" i need to know the details asap. zaya looked at me for a second before going back to eating. "no way." i swear if she fucked him imma geek. zaya slightly smiled to herself before looking back up at me. "okay fine, we did." i fucking knew it.

"BITCHHHHHH. NAHHH IM WEAK. I KNEW YO ASS WAS UP TO NO GOOD!" i yelled. "okay shhhh. yes, we did the hokey pokey or whateva but HEAR ME OUT! we were both fucked up but bitch was it good. that sloppy, drunk sex gone do it fa me everytime."

"you so nasty, best." i smiled at her.  shit, atleast she got some dick. "yawppp and i'll be dat! it was worth it but i don't remember shit else from last night. on the bright side, he did take care of me. he not grimey like these other niggas who fuck and dip." she said, truthfully.

"he betta not be or imma have to air his shit out." all i know is i do not play abt my bestfriend, you can stamp that. "but anyways, i'm still tryna go to target in a lil if you're down." she said. she really not letting this target thing go. "fasho, i'm down, just let me digest this food and get ready." i told her. "say dat."

zaya and i got in the car around two hours after we ate and went to target. we walked up and down the isles with a cart, looking around for things to buy.

what did i say i needed again? i got the vaseline... oh lemme get some more mascara. luckily, we were going towards the makeup section anyway. "zay, should i get telescopic or sky high?" i asked her. "mmm get telescopic, she never disappoints." she know me so well. i grabbed the telescopic and a few other things while we're over here.

"let's go to the section with the blankets and shit, i need a new one." zaya requested. whilst walking over to the blankets, i heard a voice from behind me. "yoo" the voice said. zaya and i kept walking until we heard another remark. "i know yo fine ass hear me talking to you." okay now you got me fucked up. what happened to hello? what's your name?

i stopped walking and turned around to see who was trying to get my attention. "wassup witchu ma?" the stranger said. "umm do i know you?" i replied. "nah but i know you." what a great way to start off a conversation. "uhh ight, what you need?" i asked. "i need you, not gone lie." who tf is this nigga?

"hold on a second, who is you?" i hate when random niggas try to smack at me in public. "my name malik shorty," malik said. "you look mad good miss muñeca, i can get dem digits?" the audacity.

"hmm idk if you deserve it the way you was just talkin." why these dudes be thinking shit sweet? "nahh you playin, come fw a nigga." i can't lie, he's cute and everything but his approach threw me off. new york niggas. i looked him in his eyes for a minute trying to read his face. i can tell this made him a lil nervous by the way he could barely hold eye contact.

"nahh, you good big dawg." i told him. zaya and i laughed a little before heading towards the blankets again. "you not that bitch anyways." lmfaoo not he's bitter. how you gone come up to me on some hot shit but can't look me in my face. "nigga, you're not him. stop tryna fake the funk."

"i'm cryin yo, why he try to play you?" zay questioned whilst still laughing. "girl idfk he a weirdo." i replied.

i picked out two super cute throw blankets, one white and fluffy while the other was a cozy brown. zaya picked out two blankets as well and we headed over to the skin care section.

after we finished doing some more casual shopping, we payed for our things and stopped at the lil starbucks before we left. "can i get a venti mango dragonfruit lemonade refresher please? what you want zaya?" "same thing." i asked payed for our drinks and we left the target.

i wanted some chick-fil-a so we stopped there on the way to zaya crib and ate in the car. i be hungry as fuck after walking around target. we was in there for like three hours.

our drive back was in a comfortable silence. i pulled into a parking spot and helped zaya get her bags out the trunk. we carried them inside and we said our goodbyes. as much as i love zaya and her crib, i miss my bed.

———————————————
make sure y'all vote and comment!!!

once again, not proof read!!

three days in a row? i'm on a roll ngl. imma just let y'all know right now, if this book turns out to be ass, i won't even be surprised. im not an author, i can barely write a fucking essay. anyways, love you hoes, muah 💋

@adoredni