006.

omniscient pov
the bronx, ny
thursday • 2:14 am

don't be a silent reader!
—————————————

mulani layed awake in her bed after two hours of trying to get some sleep. nothing but darkness in her room, cold air blowing from her fan.

her mind raced with random thoughts. several nights, she'd lay awake just waiting for the moment her eyes got too heavy to keep open. her anxiety was gonna be the death of her.

as much as mulani seemed very confident on the exterior, nothing to drag her courageous spirit down, she wasn't always like that. she was a normal girl with a big following, thrown out into the spotlight by mistake. she had always been a pretty girl, but her confidence was a different story.

for as long as anyone who knew the girl personally could remember, mulani was social butterfly. her presence could light up any room.

however, the only thing is, she was insecure. the cause of her insecurities? no one knows. not even mulani herself. could it have been her home life? the kids at school? was it all in her own head? mulani didn't know.

the girl had known a lot of people, forming acquaintances here and there. she also had a solid group of friends.

she was very smart, excelling in all her classes. she'd always been kind to everyone unless give a reason not to be. regardless, mulani was a very genuine person. to top it all off, she was gorgeous. besides this, mulani never felt that way about herself.

if you knew more about her family life, maybe you'd understand how she could feel this way.

mulanis father was never apart of her life. when her mother found out she was pregnant, he immediately denied mulani as his own.

since the fame, her father would try to pop in and out of her life but she never let him get too close to her out of fear of abandonment.

her mother also wasn't a nurturing woman either. the heartbreak mulanis father put her through caused her to go into a frenzy. different men in and out of their home, mulani never had a stable father figure.

contrary to belief, mulani never acted out in search for male validation. instead, she stayed to herself until she blew up on social media.

mulanis mother, ava, often found competition within her daughter. she'd assume she was trying to steal all the attention away from her in order to win over the sexual appeal from her many boyfriends. mulani could care less though.

in fact, the attention was what she wanted to avoid.

it was only until last year when she went viral a few times when she became to become comfortable being in the spotlight.

once the young girl got to highschool, things changed for her. boys started to try and get in her pants. friends began turning fake and her parents got worse.

because of all these factors, mulani had to learn how to protect her heart, mind, and body.

she wouldn't dare allow someone to touch her without being in a relationship. she wasn't for one night stands. not to mention, niggas these days fuck anything that walks. she had no time to catch STD's.

the girl understood how showing her weaknesses could make her an easy target. for this very reason, she never let that happen.

it might be unhealthy to close your inner emotions off from the world but mulani didn't care. the last thing she wanted was to be taken advantage of.

nevertheless, mulani never allowed her own hardships to interfere with the way she treated people. a quality she always loved about herself.