016.

omniscient pov
the bronx, ny
monday • 7:14 am
————————————

mulani woke up to a distant ringing noise in her ear. it took her a minute to wake up because she just thought she was dreaming it. her eyes softly fluttered open, the room was intensely cold from her air conditioning. "oh my god, what is that?"

she felt around for her phone, lightly patting her baby pink comforter. she slid her finger across the screen and put the phone up to her ear.

"hello?" she said, slightly above a whisper into the mic.

"hey boo, were you sleep?" jakiah asked.

"i mean, yeah.. it's like seven in the morning... you good?" mulani yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"yeah, i know it's kinda early but i was calling to invite you out to this yacht party later?" girl.. kinda?

"sure, what time?"

by this point, mulanis voice began to wake kevin. he rolled over and wrapped his arms around the girls waist, engulfing her tightly.

"well it's starts at 4, we don't have to be there exactly at 4 tho, the boat don't take off until 5:45. i'll send you the address and everything. you can go back to sleep now."

"ight, safety." she hung up, throwing her phone to the side. she rubbed her eyes again before readjusting, allowing herself to get comfortable. "you wanna be like me so bad." kay softly mumbled into her ear.

the raspiness of his morning voice gave her butterflies. "you thought." she whispered. he sucked his teeth and shook his head. she giggled softly before drifting back asleep.

it was now 1:15 pm, the couple was wide awake and ready to start their day. mulani had taken a shower and now it was kay's turn. he grabbed a random bluetooth speaker mulani had laying around and blasted his favorite songs whilst in the shower. while he did that, mulani was getting dressed.

she put on a cheeky white bikini with a crocheted crop top and skirt two piece, alongside a pair of white Dioract sandals. it only took her a few minutes to get fully dressed, she wasn't wearing much. eventually, the shower turned off so she knew kay was finished.

"you look good baby, you sure youn wanna stay home?" kay spoke into her ear. his wet body pressed against her back causing her to hiss from the coldness. "thanks bae but we got shit to do so..." she turned around and kissed his lips — smiling into them.

the couple had what you would call a "puppy love." it was gentle and playful. things were good between the two. the relationship was refreshing.

"i could name a couple of reasons you should stay... or i could show you better than i could tell you?" he said into her ear. his hand snaked down the curvature of her body to squeeze her ass. a shiver went up her spine as he did so.

"boy, you wanna eat my pussy so baddd!" she teased. she laughed but kevin's face remained the same. lustful. "and? what you gone do about it? decline my offer?" as much as she'd like to take him up on that offer, she had things to do, places to be.

she just shook her head and walked to her vanity. she took her bonnet off revealing the heat-less curling rods she'd left in her hair from the night before. she spent a good five or so minutes taking the rods out and playing around with her hair until she liked it.

in the meantime, kevin was on the opposite side of the room getting dressed as well. "what you getting ready to do?" she asked him. he pulled his phone out to shoot dougie and qway a quick invite. "we going witchu."