Arthit

I just looked at Kong as we completed our assignments. We used to be so close but ever since I rejected him, Kong has faithfully kept a distance away from me.
Even though we still hung out because of Sotus and we had common friends, but I can sense him drifting away from me.

As much as I knew it was necessary, it also caused a pang within me as I felt my closest friend was moving away from me and I didn't know how to quite cope with it.

"You ok?" I looked up to see Kong checking in on me.

"Yea I am. I was just.. nothing.. all is good."

I smiled at Kong, pretending like everything was all right. Kong wrapped up his assignments and said he was going to go meet our juniors Forth and the rest for fishing. He asked if I wanted to come. I shook my head no, wanting to finish up my assignments. He stood up and before he left, he softly ruffled my hair. I looked at him and all he said was,

"We will always be friends. That doesn't change. I just need time to adjust and get used to our dynamics again. Give me time ok?"

I nodded. Kong always could read my mind despite seeming nonchalant. I told him to have fun and sent him on his way. About 2 hours later, I received a frantic call from Forth. Kong had fallen into the waters whilst fishing! He was fine now but he had almost drowned and he knew we were awfully close so he called me.

I packed away my things and quickly made my way to the spot.

"What happened?" I was pissed. I asked as I walked closer towards the spot where I saw Kong sitting, looking pale.

Forth and the boys gulped silently.

"I asked, what happened! Tell me!" I screamed! Forth flinched and tried to stutter but nothing came out. I glared at him and then finally this dude stepped out.

"P, we were horsing around. I pushed Komg into the waters, because I knew he could swim. But our joke spiralled out of control as his leg cramped."

Before he could complete his narration, I punched this fellow squarely in his face!

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Even if you guys are playing, who the hell pushes another into the waters?! Are you dumb or what?!"

I wanted to punch him again but Kong walked over and pulled me away muttering that it was that very guy who also jumped in to save him when he realized what was going on.

I just glared at that guy and told him to get out of my sight before I punched him again.

Kong dragged me away, citing he was fine and all but I was hopping mad. I scolded Kong too for horsing around and getting himself into unnecessary danger. Forth knew I was angry and gave me time to cool down before coming to apologise again.

I just sighed. The boys took a momentary break from fishing, having lost the mood because of what had happened. I sat on the bench, trying to calm myself down. Kong sat next to me and just laid his head on my shoulder, murmuring sorry over and over again. I finally cooled down and forgave him. He grinned sheepishly and asked if they could continue fishing again, promising to behave. I agreed but said I would wait there till they were done. He chuckled, agreed and went off to the boys. I could hear them screaming away in joy and off they went. But the guy whom I had punched, he walked over to me.

He stood in front of me, wanting to say something. I finally looked at him and barked, "What?"

"P, I am terribly sorry. I shouldn't have done that. But I hope you can find it in you to forgive me."

I just looked at him. I sighed and finally nodded. He waiied to me and went away, taking out a cigarette. He didn't fish after that but just smoked quietly watching the rest.

The boys were done around 8pm and we all finally left for dinner together. We went to the local Thai eatery around our dorm and we had a bunch of dishes. I finally found out the name of the guy who had pushed Kong, he was Forth's best friend Park.

He sat opposite me during dinner with Kong and Max flanking me. Over dinner, we all eased into easy conversations but I observed that Park was generally a quiet stony guy. But he was very attentive towards his friends. He took away things Forth wouldn't eat and put it on his plate and he also made sure that Lam had his water refilled at all times.

He seemed like a good guy but just a little too playful for my liking I guess. But Kong appeared to have forgotten everything and was up to mischief again so I smacked him on his head and he laughed. Once we were done with dinner, some of the boys wanted to go drinking and Kong wanted to go too. They invited me hut I declined wanting to get an early night since I was going to visit my parents early tomorrow.

They nodded and we all separated. Since I had come by cab, I was waiting for one along the main road when Park came by on his bike.

"P, I am going back to my dorm to meet my girlfriend. Do you want me to give you a ride back?"

"It's ok Nong. I can take a cab back."

"It's ok P. It is on the way and it's not too far off. Please. Let me send you."

I looked at him for a bit before finally agreeing and we got on. Over conversations, I found out that he stayed in the same dorm as me, just on different floors. He dropped me off, bade goodbye and went off to meet his girlfriend.

As I walked back to my room, I realised that I was still holding onto Park's helmet. Shit. Idiotic me. I had forgotten to pass it back to him!

I texted Kong to ask him for Park's number and I dropped Park a quick call to let him know that the helmet was with me. As Park answered the call, before he could speak, I heard a female voice shouting at him for cheating on her and all. She was going on about how he was sending his other girlfriend home and that's why his helmet is missing. Park couldn't even get a word in and suddenly I heard her voice on the phone. She didn't even give me a chance to speak and just assumed I was the other party and screamed at me for taking her man.

The fuck? Huh?!

[Author's Note: this one is for you Fizah1558, hope you will enjoy it!]