Kong

As I went to my room, I couldn't help but feel my heart waver over this Lam who has been paying attention to me.

But I think a toxic ex and an unrequited love is enough. Wasn't going to get myself involved in another emotional saga. Only this much a man can take and maybe Lam was just being friendly towards me.

I took a warm shower, rinsing out all the stress of the situation earlier. I also called the cops to let them know on what had been happening and they said they will deal with it. I sat down with a bowl of oats when a message flitted in from Lam.

"Want to get breakfast together tomorrow P?"

I looked at it for a bit before finally replying him.

"Can't. I got tuition tomorrow morning."

"Ah okays. No problem. Have a good day then."

I also filled Lam in on how I had informed the cops about Li and he didn't have to come pick me up. Lam didn't say anything to rebut it and just agreed. Agreed readily I am assuming since we were on text.

The next day, I got ready for classes and went to have breakfast. I lied about tuition as I didn't want to make it a habit of Lam picking me up or spending too much time with him. I was having breakfast by myself when shit, of all people Lam, Park and Forth came by.

"Hello P! Having breakfast? May we join you?" Forth chirped cheerfully. I agreed and I looked at Lam who just saw my breakfast and didn't say a single word. The boys went off to buy food but only Park and Forth came back. I realize Lam didn't.

"Where did Lam go? Still buying food?"

"No P. He said he had no appetite so he went to the library first." Park replied, looking at me meaningfully.

Shit. I think Lam must have told Park about the fib I had said. Park just looked at me and then shook his head. I sighed. Yeaps, Lam was pissed.

I finished my breakfast and took my leave first, going to the library. It didn't feel good knowing Lam was pissed with me and so I went to look for him.

I walked into the library but couldn't find him anywhere. I sighed. He could have left. I looked at my schedule and saw the classes I had to cover. I went for clasx instead and god bless me, my first class had Lam inside. He was seated at the last row and there was an empty seat next to him. I typically sat at the back so I could take notes and observe the class. I sat next to him and he saw me. He just waiied respectfully as I was his AT but didn't make any convo. I kept observing him discreetly but he avoided looking at me at all. During break, I used the opportunity to talk to him.

"I didn't mean to lie about today.,"

"It's cool P. You must have your reasons. Its fine."

"Why didn't you eat breakfast?"

"I wasn't hungry."

"It's break. Don't you want to get something?"

"Nope. I'm good. Thanks for asking."

Lam was clearly shutting me out. I sighed. I wanted this but when it was actually happening, I didn't like it too much. I kept looking at Lam but he just avoided me.

Once classes ended, he went off for his next one. I sighed as I made my way around my day. Lunch time, I went to the faculty canteen and bumped into the juniors. Arthit and Aim were there too so I joined them for lunch. Lam was there and he was having lunch, chatting away with Park over something. There was an empty spot opp Lam so I sat facing him. He just briefly looked at me but didn't say anything else.

Ugh. This was annoying. So I actually didn't like the idea of avoiding Lam or him doing that! But I also wanted to protect myself. Ugh. This was more frustrating than anything else. We all went our separate ways once lunch ended. My day ended around 5pm and I left faculty only to bump into Lam who was heading home himself. He just waiied at me and continued walking towards his bike.

I looked at him go and gathered my resolve. I went up to him.

"Lam, could you give me a ride home?"

Lam turned around in surprise and watched me for a bit before finally nodding in agreement. We got on and it was a quiet ride back. Once we got to my dorm, I thanked him for the ride. He just hummed and was getting ready to go off when I stopped him.

"Why aren't you talking to me?"

"I'm just doing what you want P. Maintaining the distance."

"Lam..."

"You lied to me about not wanting to have breakfast. You didn't have to. I rather you just rejected me outright but since it's difficult to do so, then I might as well make things easier by staying away so you don't have to lie so much."

"I.. I didn't mean to lie. I'm sorry. I just.. look Lam.. what.."

"It's ok P. You don't have to say anything. You don't necessarily owe me an explanation. Take care na. I'm off. Next time I wouldn't bother you."

With that Lam rode off. Fuck my life.

That just went down a whole different way. Damn it.