Lam

My heart almost stopped for a bit when Kong held onto me sleepily post his nap at the balcony.

My heart almost stopped again when he asked me to call him by his name.

And I am very sure I definitely stopped breathing abit when I finally called him by his name. It rolled off my tongue so easily and I found his name so alluring. I wondered what it would be like to call his name out endlessly or have him call mine and I slapped myself for nursing such lewd thoughts.

He's been through a lot and the last he needed was someone else hoisting their feelings upon them. But I knew that I couldn't help but feel differently around him. I only hoped I controlled myself and don't make a fool of myself. What he needed now was support and comfort and a friend.

I prepped dinner and brought it out to him. We both had dinner, I took a shower whilst he took his medicines and we actually retired to bed by 10pm like an old couple.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Huh?"

"You are obviously thinking about something and smiling. Look at that creepy smile on your face!"

"Hey P! Stop teasing me!"

"P again!? You never learn, do you?" Kong leaned over to tickle me as a comeback! I laughed and tried to inch away from him!

We were horsing around when someone knocked on my door. I quickly got away from Kong and ran to the door, panting slightly from all of the horsing around earlier.

Arthit and Park stood there, grinning away sheepishly especially Park.

"Hey, come on in and why are you grinning like that?"

"Sorry, were we interrupting anything? We just wanted to check in on Kong but we can come back tomorrow."

Before I could answer, Kong peeked out and beckoned us in.

"Come on in. You guys aren't interrupting anything."

"Owh... but you guys are like.."

I glared at Park, knowing where he was going with this! I quickly grabbed and pulled him away, telling Kong to chat with Arthit and dragged him to the kitchen!

"Don't be an idiot! It's not what you were thinking! Kong was just bullying me over calling him P."

"Bully? You let him bully you? I thought you were always the ice cold bird."

"Grrrr! PARK! stop teasing me. There's nothing between us."

"Maybe not now, but maybe soon. Don't be an idiot Lam. I can see it all over your faces. The two of you have it so bad for each other."

"I have no idea on what you are talking about."

"I never thought I see the day where you will play dumb. Nicely played. How is he by the way? Arthit is worried sick about him which is why I brought him here."

"He seems OK. I know he doesn't seem ready to talk about it so I am not pushing for things but just trying to show him that I am there for him at all times. He needs the security even if he doesn't say it."

Park nodded thoughtfully. We went back to join our seniors. They wanted to hang out for a bit so we put on a movie instead. Kong and Arthit huddled together on the couch and Park and I just glared from the sidelines. To be fair, even Park seemed cool about it. I think he knew Kong needed that friend. But I was abit more pissed about the proximity of the two of them. I just glared and pouted quietly from the side until Park smacked me hard on the head and told me to wipe it off. I did it grudgingly and he laughed at my predicament.

The boys stayed till about 1am and then they left. We offered for them to sleep over but they declined it and went off. I was sleepy already and just dozed off on the couch whilst waiting for Kong and Arthit to finish talking.

Kong came back and nudged me awake.

"Let's go sleep. Don't sleep here na."

"Hmm. Tired. Let me sleep."

"Lammmmm. Get moving. The bed is there."

Kong dragged my hand and brought me over to the bed. I laid down and fell asleep instantly. However, before I knocked out completely, I did hear him whisper "Good night Lam, love you" and a soft kiss being pressed to my head as I drifted off into oblivion.