Kong

I woke up to find the bed empty. I sat up wondering where Lam was.

"Awake finally :) do you want to get a shower and then you can have lunch."

"Lunch? What time is it?!"

"2pm Kong. You really slept all the way through. I didn't want to wake you up because you needed the rest. How do you feel now?"

"Omg I can't believe I slept through! I got classes to cover, research pa..."

Lam sat right next to me and just clamped his hand over my mouth.

"Relax. You are on medical leave. Nobody expects you to be at class and even if you did, they will chase you away."

"Then, you? Why aren't you at class?"

"I took a leave of absence just for this week. I promised my lecturers I do the assignments and submit online. I was doing some earlier."

"You should go for physical classes you know."

"I will. But I do not feel comfortable leaving you alone right now and so, let me be. I promise I get my work done. I just want to be here for you."

I looked at Lam and just sighed softly, leaning my head on him, muttering on why is he this nice.

"I'm always nice. I'm nice to people who are deserving of it. And you deserve nothing less than nice."

I wrapped my hands around him, murmuring thank you repeatedly. Lam just held onto me tightly and didn't let go. I finally took a shower, had lunch and then around 6pm we went to meet the boys for a quick drink finally.

Everyone was thrilled to see me and glad I was doing OK. I grinned too, equally glad to see everyone. Lam sat faithfully by my side, eyes on me periodically even as he chatted with Park. The juniors swung by, chatting with us and they wanted us to join them on the dance floor. I wasn't too keen but they kept insisting. I looked over at Lam who didn't say anything and just kept a neutral face but I watched his hands and he had it clenched. I just smiled to myself and firmly told the girls I wasn't too interested. They eventually invited the other seniors who joined them whilst I nursed a drink instead.

"You don't feel like dancing?"

"I don't mind. I just don't want to dance with them."

"Then, with who?"

I looked at Lam contemplating if I should answer honestly or just tell a lie.

"I want to dance with you."

Lam blinked his eyes rapidly. He looked away, his cheeks blushing full on.

"I'm..I'm not a dancer. I don do such things."

"I realized. So it's fine."

We didn't say anything or broach that topic again for the night. We went back to Lam's dorm at around 10pm. I took a quick shower and came out to see Lam smoking away as always in the balcony.

"Hey"

"Hey. Showered?"

I nodded.

"Gonna watch the sequel from the other night. Do you want to catch it too?"

"Hmm yeah. You can go switch it on first. I be there soon."

I nodded my head and turned away. Suddenly, like as if he had an epiphany, Lam grabbed my hand.

"You ok? What happened?"

Lam just placed his hand on my waist and shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I looked at him.

"I don't like to dance. But you would like it. So I don't mind trying for you? But not with everyone. Not quite ready for that."

"Lammm. Why are you so sweet?! Really?! You don't have to."

"Just want to keep you happy. You deserve to smile. You haven't been in a while. If it makes you happy, I want that for you."

I just hugged Lam tightly when he said that, throwing dancing out of the window.

"Can you stop doing things like this?"

"You don't like it? Am I making you uncomfortable?"

"You are making me fall harder for you. You are making me fall in love with you a little bit more every single day. You are making it harder for me to think about even being away from you. You are making it harder for me to just see you as a friend or junior. You are wrecking my heart in a good way a little bit more every single day. That's why."

I just expressed whatever had been swirling around in my head whilst holding onto him tightly. I felt Lam's arms around me tighten even more.

"Doesn't sound like I'm messing up then."

I pulled away from him and smacked him on his head. He laughed. But then he grabbed my hands and just kissed it softly.

"I don't want you to look at me as a junior or friend. I don't want to leave your side. I don't want you avoiding me. I don't want you to be away from me. I want to love you as much as you love me. I want to continue wrecking your heart just like you are wrecking mine in a good way. I want to fall a bit harder than I did yesterday. I just want to keep you by my side forever."

I am not ashamed to say I cried a fair bit hearing him. Lam leaned in and before he kissed me, he looked at me and all he muttered was,

"I love you Kong."