Park

I stared stunned at Junn as she screamed at the other person on the phone. I had no idea whom it was as it was a new number!

I grabbed the phone away from her and hung up on the person. I was this close to screaming at her but I held myself back.

"Let's break up Junn. I can't do this anymore. You don't seem to trust me at all. Zero. Nothing. I have no idea whom that person was but you just screamed at a random stranger! And if u had let me finish, you would have found out that the person who may have my helmet is my senior as I had just given him a ride back home."

Junn stared at me stunned. She tried to apologise which she always did after her fucking meltdowns but I was done this time. I just walked away from her and rode back home. When I reached my dorm, I found P Arthit sitting on the steps at the entrance.

"P?"

"Hey. You are back. I'm sorry. I accidentally took your helmet."

"It's ok P. Thank you. Why did you wait here though? You should have just passed it tomorrow."

"It's ok. Here you go. You ok?"

"Yes P. I am. Why?"

Arthit just smiled at me and didn't say anything. He went off. I went to keep the helmet away. When I got to my room, I remembered about the mystery call earlier. Shit. That person! I owed them an apology. I quickly dialled the number and when I heard the voice and name, I just dropped my phone in shock!

It was P Arthit. Shit. I sighed as I took my phone and uttered, "P, I didn't realize it was you. I am so sorry about earlier."

"It's ok Park. Are you ok? I hope you guys got it sorted out?"

I just sighed noncommittally, apologised once again and hung up. I took a shower, came back to a flurry of missed  calls and text messages from Junn but ignored it all. There was one on Line and I opened it to see it was from P Arthit.

"I hope you be better soon. Take care na."

Such simple words but maybe it's all I needed. I opened up Junn's string of messages apologising and what not but it just irked me even more. I just texted her back a 1 liner - " We are definitely over" and ignored the bomb of calls and texts from her thereafter.

The next day was a long day at school and thereafter we still had Sotus. Forth was being groomed to be head hazer and Lam and myself were part of the hazing team to be next year. So we were currently under tutelage with P Kong, P Aim and P Sharp. P Arthit didn't always come for Sotus as he was busy with his thesis but at today's Sotus session, he turned up.

He was sporting a pair of glasses and his uniform was as neat as ever despite it being 7pm already. He watched as we conducted drills, gave feedback and helped out where he could. We ended our session around 10pm and then we wrapped things up. He left with P Kong who offered him a ride home.

I only left around 11.30pm after we ensured that everything has been kept away. When I got to dorm, I saw Junn standing there. I sighed as I prepped myself for a show down. Just at that very moment, P Arthit was also coming back to dorm from somewhere, swinging a bag of snacks.

I prayed that P Arthit would just walk away without seeing me so that it will not create any opportunity for Junn to jump on him. I really wouldn't put it past her.

He saw me but didn't say anything and just continued on his way in. I realized he had seen Junn too and connected the dots. He just continued walking as if he didn't have a care in the world and went into the building. I let out the breath that I had been holding as I walked towards the entrance.

"We need to talk." Junn stopped me.

"About? There's nothing for us to talk about."

"It's about us. Look I said I'm sorry. You know why I did that. I just was worried. I love you so much. Its normal to behave like that."

"No Junn. Its not. We been together for a year but nothing, nothing I ever do is good enough or you just have something to pick on me about. This whole distrust thing also? I'm playful and cheeky but I'm loyal as fuck once i settle for someone. And you know that but you just refuse to believe it and keep trying to exploit every opportunity as if I messed up. The person you screamed at was my senior. From school. A guy. A poor guy who I gave a ride to just because its on the way. And you screamed at him, accusing him of stealing me. What the fuck?!"

I just put up my hands, cutting Junn off as she launched into her apologies again and I walked off. I was so done with her and if I stood there a minute more, I would have definitely slapped her. I got to my room only to see a bag of snacks hanging there.

I took out my phone and saw a text from P Arthit asking me to have the snacks as it had been a long day for me. I sighed as I took the food in, wondering why my ex girlfriend didn't even ask me if I had eaten and I had my senior whom I barely know, pick up on the fact that maybe all I needed and wanted at the end of a long day was some food.