Arthit

School was a tiresome process especially with thesis papers and research to be done plus I had to prep for my AT attachment soon too.

But it was Friday and I barely had any classes today so decided to go see my parents for a bit. I packed a weekend bag and as I was going down, I bumped into Park. He was stony faced as usual but a smile flitted over his face when he saw me.

"Thank you for the food yesterday P."

"No issues Park. Not sure what you liked so just got some random ones. A thank you for the ride previously."

Park nodded at me and asked on where I was headed off to. I told him I was off to see my parents. I asked him about his plans. He said he had no classes today so was going to chill at The Dungeon and then go drinking in the evening with the boys. I nodded and as we reached the entrance of our dorm, I was about to take my leave when Junn came by. I saw Park's face change and he sighed softly.

I nodded at him and decided to walk towards the main road to wait for a cab. Just as I passed Junn, I heard her call out to him.

"Park! Baby. Can we please talk about it?"

"I said let it go Junn. There really can't be anything between us anymore. It's rough when you don't even trust me."

"Then give me a reason to trust you. You are cute, you are nice. It's normal girls and boys will hit on you. I am just worried.."

"Worried about what?! I don't respond to them. Then what more do you need?!"

"But I heard about you previously. How you sleep around..." Junn's voice faded out as Park finally exploded. I was about to walk to the main road when I stopped and turned back.

I saw Park's face turn red and he exploded at her on how she could even keep that image of him in mind all this while and date him and have no faith at all. I saw him clenching his fists and I could sense trouble brewing so I went up to him.

He was about to go off on her when I grabbed his hand.

"Enough. Let's walk away. Or you will be even more angry. Take a time out."

Park looked at me and his anger just deflected for a bit by my words. I just grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him away. Junn watched as I left with him, probably wondering who the fuck I was.

I brought Park to his bike, and we stood there for a bit.

"Can you drop me off at the local train station?"

Park looked at me, perplexed by my request but agreed. It was a good thing he did because Junn was walking to us when he rode off.

It was a quiet ride. We reached the train station about 30 minutes later. I thanked  him for the ride and got off.

"Look. Take a breather. Step away. Don't talk to her for a bit. I know you didn't approach her but if she does, walk away. You need a break for a bit. And remember her words don't define who you are."

Park nodded quietly. He looked at me for a bit and then I finally was about to take my move when he asked,

"Can I join you for the weekend? I feel like I need to be away before I go mad. Please?"

I looked at him surprised by his request. We barely knew each other and I was going to bring him home? But I thought of Junn and knew this was much needed. I nodded at him and he smiled gratefully at me.

He parked his bike with a season pass put in for the weekend and we bought tickets for the train and took one to my family home.

My parents were surprised to see me bring a friend along but welcomed him warmly. Park smiled at them and greeted them warmly and thanked them for letting him crash.

They waved it away and brought him in. Taken by Park, my parents actually forgot about me and left me standing at the door. I just watched as my dad hustled to make tea whilst my mom got him to sit down and make conversation with him.

Park realized I was missing and looked at the door only to realize I was still there. I chuckled as I went in, waving away his apologies.

The weekend allowed me to see Park in a new light. He was actually very much a homebody and so good with fixing. He helped my mom fix all of the little home projects and he played chess with my dad, keeping him company.

My mom cooked big meals and we all enjoyed them. He observed that I didn't like eating some stuff and would quietly take them and place it on his own plate and have them. He never said no to anything and was very polite and thoughtful.

He slept in the guest bedroom and was up early to help my mom in the kitchen. I woke up only to find them pottering in the kitchen and my mom cooking whilst he fixed stuff for her. I just smiled to myself watching him and realised there was to him than he let on.

It was an enjoyable weekend and we came back on Sunday night. Park thanked me again for letting him crash and I just waved away his words. He sent me to my dorm before going back to his.

Once we got to my door, I turned to look at him.

"Take care ok? Remember what I said."

"Yes P. I will. Thank you."

With that, Park walked away as I stood there watching him go.