Chapter. 9 :: A memory

Makarios is skipping as he makes his way to where his dad is. He's really excited because his father just agreed to go to the festival with him. A smile slips on his lips as he stops in front of an unbelievable big door—jjust why did they make them so big? It's just a waste of a penny!

He was about to push the door when a voice startled him.

"Your highness." A cold voice almost made him flinch, turning on his heel to face the person—hhis etiquette teacher, Miss. Minchin (or is it mean-chin?) from Princess Annnah—err, Sarah? He doesn't remember. Does being reincarnated mess up his memory? —what he called her because of how mean she is.

"Your highness, what are you doing here?" she asked rather harshly at the fact that she was just talking to someone.

What the hell? hey! hey! hey! I'm a prince!

Taking a deep breath to calm himself, despite being a prince, this person in front of him is still older than him—and it's a common courtesy to treat someone who's older than you from where he came from, and it's not something he can't just get rid of. Makarios smiled still politely. "Miss," he said. "I'm waiting for Dad," he said, but he couldn't help but squirm at the scrutinizing gaze the woman was giving him.

"Dad?" repeated the woman as she let out a harsh laugh. "You really don't have any manners, are you?"

Huh? Makarios is absolutely speechless right now.

"Even though the Majesty is your father, you should still call him by his title," she said with a biting tone. "It's supposed to be your Majesty, your highness."

From some kind of reflex, he can't help but lower his head at the thought of being scolded, but his father has never said or complained about it before.

"Well," she started again as she looked down at him. "I wouldn't expect less from some lowlife like you."

Huh? Lowlife....? What the hell? Just what did he do to deserve this kind of treatment? He lowered, feeling his left arm sting—rright now that he remembers this woman didn't just go with some kind of verbal abuse, but she also hits him sometimes.

"Your mother is probably just a whore who seduces his Majesty."

This woman probably doesn't even know who her mother is. Seriously? In some way, my mother is without a doubt higher than you.

"His Majesty would probably throw you aside if he found out how useless you are," she continued, her eyes glinting with sadistic glee.

Ahh. He doesn't care anymore; that respect can die in the ditch.

Leveling his head high to look at her straight in the eyes, he doesn't care anymore. He's a prince; he shouldn't bow his head to anyone, mostly with trash like this.

"I already let you run your mouth off, but I can't believe you would even insult my mother," he said coldly.

Makarios can notice how she flinches slightly, obviously taking a back.

"And aren't you brave?" he said with a mocking tone, tilting his head slightly. "Talking to a prince of an empire like that, only brave—no," he stops and lets out a mocking laugh, "only an idiot who doesn't have a brain would do something like this." lifting a hand as he put it below his chin, "so~" he purred, "what are you in the both? teacher?"

He saw how the woman flushed red in anger before Makarios could react. He saw her raise a hand, and with that, he could feel a hand hit his face, making him reel back and fall from his feet.

Shit—that was hurt! Did she just really hit him? A child?

He can feel a warm liquid slide on his forehead and a red liquid drop on the floor, and for some reason his mind went blank.