Chapter. 18 ::

Athanasia fidgets with her fingers, she was standing in front of Claude who's currently working on pile of paper works on his table.

"Father." she called, weak and quite, and yes, Athanasia address him formally. For someone reason Claude hate it whenever she address him Dad or Daddy.

The first time she called him that something unreadable flashes in his eyes. Something close to longing — like he was trapped in some wistful thinking he'll never have before it's gone fast like a fish on water in such silvery flash.

The man didn't even looked at her or even greet her even though she personally came here just to see him.

This man, this good of nothing for a father.

"Can we have a tea together?" she asks, softly, bright smile on her face with sickly sweet fake tone of voice.

Claude hands stops as he looks up at her with her stoic and uncaring expression that never changes.

Aah. So this is what Athanasia feels like when it said in the novel how much she wanted her father's attention and love?

And her she thought she would never understand her— the real Athanasia. And yet here she was. Almost begging for this man for his time just to have some tea time with him.

Of course, Athanasia's plan still didn't changes. She still aiming to have this man affection enough not to kill her. But, she was working for it through years but still in vain.

She can probably leave and this man wouldn't not bother to find her.

Letting a awkward laugh trying to smile with all she got. "But if you're busy—"

Claude let out a long sighs and dropped his pen on the table. "I don't mind."

Athanasia's eyes widen at that. "Yes...?" she asks, not believing what she's hearing.

"Let's have some tea."

A smile spread on her lips. "Let's go father!" she said cheerfully, overjoyed by the outcome. "I'll ask the maid to prepare it for us." she offered.

Athanasia saw Claude hummed at that.

It's okay. she told herself, she can do it.

••

Claude looks around not seeing the red head knight who always in his side of guarding Diana's child.

The magician who's always with this child is nowhere in sight too.

"Where is Felix?" he asks.

Athanasia — what that wench named her. Claude hated that woman how much he hated this child and her name.

Her whole existence is the proof how that wrench of a woman just blatantly disrespect and disregard Makarios.

Claude should have her executed while having the child in her stomach.

"Oh," she laugh sheepishly and Claude hates her more at the fact she looks like that wench more. "Felix's accompanying Lucas assistant." she said, "probably giving him a tour."

Assistant? Right, it's the day that Magician assistant would start.

Claude stared at the table with the maids setting the table. Athanasia sat down and Claude just follow her. He wanted to be done with this sooner.