Chapter. 17 ::

Achlys looking from left and right finding the spot where Lucas said where they would meet. The princess— Athanasia asked for him to accompany her.

Something Lucas didn't mention where to.

He wanted to cursed her for a moment when she can asks him later after Lucas picked him up.

Well, it was unfair to blame her. He suddenly thought, she probably didn't know Lucas would pick him up.

He sighs, Looks like Lucas already smitten to her already if she can't deny her request.

He let out a huff continued walking pouting as he glared at no one. "Why is this place even so huge?" he complained, stomping sulkily, "Lucas..." he whispered whine hoping for the magician listening for his call.

He stumbled his way to a very large lake, eyes widening. A sudden familiar feeling hits him he don't know where it came from.

A nostalgia.

He takes a steps carefully, "Did I came here before...?" he muttered.

No, that's impossible. Because father was already vanished — no, Claude already taken the throne and became the emperor the time he was born so there is no possibility he spend a time in this place.

But....

"What is this feeling?" he asks himself, gripping to chest.

Clang. Swish.

Achlys can feel all the hair on the back of his neck stand when a cold sharp thing touching his neck.

"A intruder?" asks a cold voice that made Achlys gripped tighten.

"An assassin sent by enemy?" he asks.

Achlys closes his eyes, gathering all the courage to look back.

If my head flew suddenly pick it up for me you stupid Magician!

(Somewhere a certain long haired magician let out a sneezed as he was dragged by a certain girl on his feet.)

He turned his head carefully, "Umm," he muttered but eyes widen in awe seeing who is the person behind him.

Felix Robane.

He was staring at the knight so hard so he notices how the red head posture suddenly slackened, his gripped in his sword loosened it fell in the ground that made him slightly jump, taking a step back avoiding the blade.

"...your Highness?" Felix called breathless, eyes were wide shaking.

Achlys lips purses at that, looking around looking if Athanasia was near in sight.

Felix who's face was pale, and complete shocked written on it. Trembling hand raises reaching for him.

Achlys didn't know but he just let the knight do what he was about to do. A gentle hand touch his cheeks, then eyes studying him.

Then, Felix snatches his hand suddenly as if he was burned and Achlys feel a disappointment from it.

Somehow, the touch feel so familiar.

"I'm Achlys," he said softly finding his own voice, trying amend what currently happening. "I'm Lucas assistant." he said bowing gracefully, "It was a pleasure to meet the famous Crimson Knight of Obelian Empire." he said raising his head.

Felix has a bitter and wistful smile on his face, "Achlys huh..." he whispered then forces himself to smile back at Achlys and suddenly he hated that.

He hated the fact the knight is forcing a smile even though It's unbearable for him right now.