7 | Pizza

Just wanted to say that the maid Café is not supposed to be sexual, obviously. In most of my stories they're adults, but here they are underage (that's not to say that maid dresses are sexual when the ones wearing them are adults), but I just wanted to make that clear. Mondo and Leon are embaraased because they're dresses, not because it's sexual. Hajime is 17 and Nagito is 16 right now.

"So, any other ideas for what we'll do at the school festival?" The teacher asked.

"A cross dressing maid Café!" Asahina called out. A few people giggled.

The teacher chuckled. "So the boys will wear dresses and the girls will wear suits?"

"Exactly!"

He nodded and wrote it down. "Anything else? We only really have two options now,"

Nobody said anything.

"Alright then, who wants to build a waterslide like Kuwata-kun said?"

A few boys raised their hands.

"You all gotta vote for that! I don't wanna wear a dress!" Oowada shouted.

Now all the boys except Komaeda raised their hands.

"Alright." The teacher wrote that number down. "And who wants a cross dressing maid Café?"

All the girls raised their hands. Komaeda thought about it.

"Dude, don't you dare!" Kuwata yelled. "Don't tell me you wanna wear a dress!"

"But they look pretty. Besides, Asahina-san seems like she'd be really happy if we did that,"

"And I'd be really happy if we didn't!"

"But you've been kind of mean to me recently. Unlike Asahina-san." He raised his hand.

"Noooo!" Kuwata cried out.

"Komaeda, how could you do this to us?!" Oowada asked desperately.

"You're the best, Komaeda-kun!" Maizono grinned.

"Yeah, totally!" Asahina agreed.

"How dare you..." Kuwata whispered.

"Aw, cheer up!" Maizono giggled. "You'd make a super cute maid, Kuwata-kun!"

"But what about girls in dresses..? Why wouldn't they wear them..?" He asked.

"That's so old-fashioned! Besides, we did that last time and it sucked!" Enoshima yelled.

"Sis is right!" Ikusaba agreed.

After school, Hinata and Komaeda ate pizza together. "What are you guys doing for the festival?" The brunet asked.

"A maid Café,"

"Didn't you do that last year?"

He nodded. "This time, the boys wear the dresses,"

"Oh, damn. Didn't think guys like Oowada and Kuwata would be fine with that,"

Komaeda shrugged. "They aren't. But they wanted to build a waterside despite us all knowing they would just mess up and laugh at the people who aren't strong enough to properly help out. What are you guys doing?"

"We'll sell cookies and cake. Oh, speaking of which." He opened his bag and got out a small box. "We, uh, made these. Well, I didn't, but the others from my class did. We're supposed to each give a box to someone from your grade,"

Komaeda opened it. Inside, were a few cookies. "Oh, thank you so much! How considerate!" He smiled. 'Ah, but... I'm sure Maizono-san would have loved to get these...'

He looked up at Hinata. "Just one question. Why did you give them to me and not... a girl?"

"I think you're a nice guy, for one. And they're not supposed to be romantic so I don't care if I give them to a girl or a boy,"

"I see... Well, thank you. Really. I'll cherish this moment forever!"

"Nice. Hey, should I visit your class on the day of the festival?"

Komaeda smiled again. "Oh, you would do that?"

"Yeah, I mean... we're friends, right?"

"Friends..? Haha, oh you really are kind. Way too kind. Someone like me... having a friend... haha!"

"You always say that,"

"What?"

"'Someone like me'. Why? Quit talking bad about yourself," He said.

"You're so nice to me..."

"No, I'm not being nice. I just don't want you to hate yourself. That's the bare minimum,"

Komaeda smiled. "So? No one else would do the bare minimum for me. Except my parents, I suppose. But I've never had a friend or something like that,"

"Whatever. I don't get why you hate yourself. Stop it,"

Komaeda sighed. "I don't know if I... hate myself exaclty. Hate is a strong word, but... hm... when you say it like that, I guess you're right. If I treated someone else the way I treat myself, everyone would think I hate them, huh?"

"Yeah,"

"I see. That's fine." He smiled. "Also, do you wanna go to the movie theater after this with me? I, uhm, told my parents we were hanging out and they gave me two movie tickets someone gave them, but they didn't wanna watch the movie." He held up the tickets.

"What's it about?"

Komaeda got out his phone and showed a picture of the movie theater's website were the movie was being advertised.

"Momo is the dog of an elderly lady. Once she introduces him to her granddaughter, things take a wild turn. Hm. Sounds alright,"

Komaeda smiled. "That's good!"

"Do you think Momo will go to heaven in the end?"

"Hm?"

"It looks like a tear-jerker,"

"What? I don't think so. Isn't it a family movie?"

"Well, alright. Whatever you say. Let's go watch it then,"

A few hours later, Komaeda was sitting in front of the movie theater, crying. Momo did end up going to heaven in the end.

Hinata pat his head. "It's okay, it's just a movie,"