11 | School Club

"I'm going to hand out the paper where you can choose in what school club you will participate in next year," The teacher said.

Komaeda looked at the paper once he got it. He sighed. Once that class was over, he left the room and read through the paper again when he bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry." He looked up and saw it was Hinata.

"It's alright. What are you reading?"

"Oh, just the school club paper." He said, beginning to walk with Hinata.

"Yeah, we got that too. What club do you wanna choose?"

Komaeda sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"It's embarrassing... I can't do it anyway..." They sat down on a bench in the schoolyard together.

"How come?"

"I... I'd like to be a..." He leaned forward a bit and whispered. "Cheerleader,"

"And why can't you do that?"

"It's super embarrassing and... I just can't,"

"But why not?"

"I... it's hard to talk about..."

Hinata put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. You don't have to tell me,"

Komaeda shook his head. "But I want to. It's just..." he shuddered. "I... I had cancer,"

The brunet's eyes widened. "What?"

"And now my body is really weak. I can't do sports. My parents would rather I don't participate in any school club, but they know I really want to, so they let me be in the cooking club. And I'm always so tired and exhausted. Everytime I come home from school I want to fall asleep and..." He sighed. "I'm so tired of it..."

"But then how come we always hang out after school? Also you don't look very tired,"

Komaeda rubbed the skin under his eyes. After a while, Hinata could see eyebags.

"You wear makeup?"

"Mhm. Only a bit of foundation to cover up the dark circles under my eyes though. Anyways, as I was saying, I want to be a cheerleader. I've always thought cheerleading was so cool, but I can't... I wish I was normal..."

Hinata pulled him into a tight hug and rubbed his back. Komaeda gasped. After a few seconds, he felt his eyes begin to water.

"Hey, don't cry," Hinata said gently.

"Thank you..." Komaeda sniffled.

"I'm gonna be in the basketball club. You can be my own personal cheerleader while I practice,"

"Huh?"

"I can practice basketball in my garden and you can cheer me on,"

Komaeda pulled away from the hug. "Really?"

"Of course,"

He whiped his eyes. "You're the best..."