22 | Invite

Hinata saw Komaeda talking to Kamukura. He was blushing and handing him a letter. The brunet frowned.

"-and I would be really happy if you came," Komaeda said.

"I would love to," Kamukura said.

After Komaeda left, Hinata approached his brother. "Hey, what were you guys talking about?"

"Komaeda invited me to his birthday,"

Hinata nodded. "I see,"

Komaeda went on to invite a few more people to his birthday, but not Hinata. The brunet was starting to get upset. Why hadn't Komaeda invited him? After all, they were dating.

Once school was over, Hinata walked over to his locker. He saw Komaeda there, trying to secretly put a letter into it.

"What are you doing?" Hinata asked.

Komaeda ran away without another word. Once he was a few meters away from the school entrance, he stopped and panted.

Hinata opened his locker and grabbed the letter. It was a birthday invite.

'Dear Hinata-kun,
Can you please come to my birthday party on April 28th? It starts at 2 in the afternoon. No alcohol is allowed and please don't bring anyone else, I invited everyone I want there. If you don't want to come, I understand. Thank you for reading this.
Bye now! <3'

Hinata chuckled. The heart he drew at the end was erased, but you could still see it a bit. He looked outside and saw the pale boy standing there, still trying to catch his breath. The brunet grabbed his bag and walked towards the other boy.

"Why were you so nervous about this?" He asked, holding up the invite.

"Because it's my first birthday party with friends. I didn't have any friends until high school and last year I had cancer, so I couldn't celebrate then either. So uhm... do you think you'll be able to make it?"

"Of course,"

"Oh, thank you thank you thank you!!" Komaeda smiled.

"No need to thank me. Obviously I'd come to your birthday party,"

"I think I should apologize for asking you last. I was just the most nervous when it came to asking you,"

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Also, do you wanna hang out tomorrow?"

Komaeda shook his head. "I'm sorry, but I already told Bolton-kun we'd hang out,"

"Okay,"

"Are you mad at me? I'm sorry. I noticed it before too. You don't like them, do you?"

"It's not like that. I'm sure they're nice. Just like... don't replace me with them, you know?"

"Of course not!"

"Good." He smiled. "Then I'll see you around, yeah?"

"Yes! See you!"

Saturday was Komaeda's birthday. It was the one time he wouldn't have to go to the wellness center and he was extremely excited. He was baking a cake and had already decorated with the help of his parents.

"Nagito, don't overwork yourself," His father said.

"It's just baking, I'll be fine,"

"Still. Anyway, how many people did you invite?"

Komaeda put a hand to his chin. "Let's see... Hinata-kun, Nanami-senpai, Kamukura-senpai, Bolton-kun and his friends, soo... six people,"