14 | Parrot

"They just won't stop hanging out," Hinata complained. "I don't get to talk to either of them anymore. Nanami's stealing my brother and Izuru is stealing my friend,"

Komaeda smiled. "But they look very happy,"

Nanami laughed as Kamukura lost at another round of whatever game they were playing.

"I know... whatever. I guess it's fine though. I still have you,"

Komaeda's cheeks heated up at that. "Me? But, ah, there's no way I'm a replacement for a good friend like Nanami-senpai,"

"You're cool though. I like you a lot." He grinned.

"Haha... so blunt,"

"Yeah, I've been told that a lot. Anyway!" He raised his voice. "Izuru, Nanami, get out! Use your own consoles,"

Nanami got up and sighed. "Alright. I get that you lovebirds want privacy,"

Kamukura chuckled. "She's right. You could be René Magritte's most famous painting from the year 1928 with the way you've been acting lately,"

"Boooh! That was so bad, no one even understood that joke!" Hinata yelled.

They left the room. Komaeda laid down on the bed. "Do you think Kamukura-senpai likes Nanami-senpai?"

"I'm not sure. Izuru's never been a romantic guy,"

"What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yes. Do you like romance?"

Hinata shrugged. "Maybe, I don't know. I've only ever had one girlfriend and we only dated because she liked a bracelet I found on the floor and gave to her,"

"And now? Do you like anyone?"

Hinata laid down too and Komaeda put his head on his chest. Hinata ran his fingers through his hair.

"Not really. You?"

"I like someone,"

"Who?"

"I'm not telling you,"

Hinata furrowed his eyebrows. "What? Why not? At least give me a clue,"

"He's smart, but can be kind of dense,"

"Is it Souda?"

Komaeda laughed. "No!"

"Then give me more clues,"

"He's really kind. And handsome. He's very blunt,"

"Ugh, I give up. I don't know,"

Komaeda smiled. "You're a bit stupid, I'm sorry,"

"Ouch! That hurt!" Hinata exclaimed, acting dramatic.

"That's okay. I think himbos are cool,"

"Since when are you so cheeky?"

Suddenly, Hinata's parrot began to talk. "Cheeky! Cheeky!" He exclaimed. Komaeda yelped.

"What was that??"

"Katoro, my bird,"

The pale boy got up and walked towards the cage. "I forgot about him for a second. He's so cute,"

"Yes, cute!" Katoro agreed.

Komaeda giggled and pat his head with his finger. Suddenly, Hinata wrapped his arms around him from behind and picked him up. Komaeda laughed.

"Hey, don't scare me like that!" He told Hinata.

"Lovebirds!" Katoro said.

Komaeda began to laugh even more. Hinata threw him onto the bed. "Owww, you're so cruel!" He whined jokingly.

"Says the one who left me for my bird,"

"Are you jealous?" He asked. "Just like that one guy... hm... I think he was a poet who killed his wife's parrot because he was jealous of it,"

"Poets are crazy." Hinata shook his head. "I'd never kill my Katoro. I love him way too much,"

"Love you too!" The bird said.

"Awww! He's the cutest!" Komaeda said.