31 | Birthday

"Happy birthday!! And happy new year!" Komaeda said and kissed Hinata's cheek. "Look, I got something for you!"

Hinata unpacked it. It was a Hawaiian shirt. "Woah, thank you! I've always wanted one of these!"

"I'm happy you like it!!"

"Yoo, soul bro!" Souda shouted, handing him a bottle. "Now that you're an adult-"

"But he's not allowed to drink until he's 20," Komaeda said.

Souda nervously laughed. "Yeah, you're right! It was just a joke! This isn't alcohol, it's... juice,"

Komaeda nodded, smiling. "Ah, alright then,"

"There you go, Hinata!" Nidai handed him a dumbell. "You better start training with me from now on. You're a grown man now!"

The brunet put it onto the table. "Uh, for sure,"

"I got you you the new Legend of Zelda game." Nanami said.

"Really? That's awesome!"

The door swung open and Kamukura entered the room. "Hello everyone,"

"Happy birthday!" Nanami and Komaeda said.

Nanami walked towards him and handed him a gift. He smiled and hugged her.

"Hajime,"

"Izuru,"

"Yes?"

"What do you mean 'yes'? You said my name first!"

"That's right. Uhm, Souda? Will you help me with something real quick?"

"Hell yeah!"

They went into the kitchen and came back with a huge cake. It had an 18 on it and was decorated really well.

"I made this for the both of us. I, uhm... I know this is your birthday party and not mine, but... I... can I maybe be here too?" They put down the cake.

"Of course!" Hinata hugged him. "You're my little brother, of course you're invited!"

"Thank you." He smiled.

After they ate the cake, they sat down in a circle and just talked. Komaeda leaned against Hinata.

"Sooo... Soul bro. Any updates?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know... did ya meet any pretty girls?"

"Uh... I mean... I'm dating Komaeda. He's pretty,"

"WHAT?!"

"He literally kissed me on the cheek a while ago,"

"I-I thought-! Just as a bro!"

"I've told you we were dating,"

"B-but... that was a joke!"

"No, it wasn't,"

Souda sighed. "You're dating Komaeda..."

"We've had this exact conversation before,"

"You're dating him..."

Hinata pulled Komaeda closer, raising an eyebrow. "Do you have a problem with that?"

The atmosphere got tense.

"It's just... how come you got someone before me?"

"Oh." Hinata laughed. "That's just 'cause you start grinning like an idiot and agreeing with everything whenever a girl talks to you,"

"I do not!"

"You totally do," Nanami said.

"Yes, I do!"

Komaeda giggled.