25 | Normal Day

Hinata waited inside the car with Komaeda's mother. The pale boy went to the doctor for a checkup.

"Hinata-san?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know why Nagito has to go to the doctor today? Did he tell you?"

The brunet nodded. "He had cancer, right?"

"Yes. Uhm, you guys are close and I'm very happy about that. Just please always be gentle when you touch him and don't do sports with him and don't make him do things that take too much energy and, uhm- Oh, there he is!"

Komaeda walked towards the car, looking dissapointed. During the drive home, he spoke up.

"I might need glasses..." He said.

"What?" His mother asked. "Why?"

"It's part of the side effects or whatever..." He sighed. "I don't wanna... I'll look even more ugly..."

"Komaeda Nagito, you are not ugly!" His mother scolded.

"But I-"

"No! You are not ugly!"

"...sorry..."

They arrived at Komaeda's home a few minutes later and went upstairs into his room. Komaeda still seemed a bit sad, so Hinata got out a video game console from his bag.

"Here. I bought a new game I thought you might like,"

Komaeda took it and began to play. At first he didn't say much, but he began to feel a bit happier after a while.

"Oh no, I died! What a shame! I walked right into a booby trap!"

Hinata chuckled. "It's alright. I would easily fall into a trap if I saw boobs,"

Komaeda's cheeks heated up. He couldn't hide his smile though. "Hey, you know that's not what that means!"

The brunet continued to laugh. Then it got quiet until he spoke up again. "Mae?"

"Hm?"

"Do you think we'll be able to tell people that we're dating soon?"

"That's your decision. You're not ready to come out. I'm fine with it. Everyone already calls me gay anyway, so-" He shrugged. "-it wouldn't change anything,"

"But I... I want people to know we're dating. I don't like the way Bolton acts around you,"

"I don't know what you mean,"

"He likes you, obviously." Hinata said.

Komaeda tilted his head. "What?"

Hinata got out his phone and showed the picture Bolton took of Komaeda. He had posted it on Instagram with a red heart as a caption.

"Of course he likes you! Just look at the necklace he gave you,"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"The J stands for Jack!"

Komaeda gasped. "Huh??"

"How did you not notice?"

"Well... I don't know. I thought it stood for Japan or something,"

Hinata shook his head. "No, it's for Jack. People will think he's your boyfriend. Have you ever seen High School Musical? Troy gave his girl a necklace like that, not a friend! If anyone should give you something like this, it should be me,"

The pale boy tilted his head. "Do you want to give me this kind of necklace?"

"No. That just seems weird,"

"Weird? Why?"

"Because it's kinda possessive. I'm just your boyfriend, I don't own you. Obviously,"

Komaeda smiled. "You're so sweet!"

"Personally, I'd call it normal, but whatever. It's the truth." He grabbed Komaeda's hands. "But don't think that you can't hang out with guys or anything. I don't want to control you. If you feel like I'm doing that, tell me, okay? I just don't like it when people I love get stolen like that,"

The pale boy turned bright pink. Love... he said love. He took a deep breath and leaned forward to put his head on Hinata's chest. "It's okay to get jelly sometimes," He jokingly said, grinning mischievously.

"Yeah, I know. But like I said, tell me if you think I'm being too controlling. You can of course hang out with Bolton, just... please keep in mind what I just told you, yeah?"

Komaeda nodded. "Mhm. I will. Also... are you gonna break up with me when I have glasses? I'll look like a stupid worthless loser piece of trash,"

Hinata grabbed his face. "Didn't I just tell you how much I like you? I won't break up with you. And you won't look ugly either,"