Chapter 1

I hit the floor with a thud as I rolled out of my bed. I scrambled up and grabbed my phone, trying to catch it before the call went to voicemail. "H-hello?" I spoke hurriedly. "Harley Knight?" A rough, gravelly voice asked. "Umm.. Yeah?" I responded hesitantly. I didn't recognize the number, but it had a Georgia area code. Considering I live in south Louisiana, that was unusual. "I need you baby girl." The voice responded teasingly. "Any other time I'd tell you that if you look half as good as you sound, I'm yours. But considering I just woke up, I'll just ask who this is, and why do you need me?" I snarked. A deep rumbling chuckle sounded through the line and I gasped at the low timber of the man's voice. "My name is Brantley Gilbert, and I'm currently out on the Just As I Am you-" I cut him off with a squeal. "Son of a bitch! It's really you! I'd know that voice anywhere!" I squealed again, and he chuckled. "Oh my God! Sorry, I'm done. I'm good. I just- hi. Nice to meet you." I calmed myself. Brantley laughed, "I take it you've heard of me then." "Uh-huh... You could say that." I laughed. "Well like I was saying, I'm out on tour, and I want you to come and join me. I like your sound. You're real, raw. You don't much care what other people think, and I happen to be quite the fan of yours." He rumbled into the phone. Brantley talked just like he sang. Deep, rough. A husky growl that made my head spin and my stomach flutter. I gasped. "M-me?! You want me?!" I exclaimed. "Yes ma'am I do. Think you could fly up and meet up with us in Atlanta this week? We can talk salary and all that corporate bullshit once you're up here." He asked. I answered instantly, "Hell yeah!" Brantley whooped. I giggled. "Darlin I gotta run, but I'll email you your plane ticket and all the information you'll need. Thank you so much Harley, I mean it." He said. "Sounds good, I can't wait! See you later big boy." I purred and hung up. When I realized what I said I slapped my hand over my mouth. Did I really just call him that?!