Chapter 9:

Brantley's POV:

Tonight would be Harley's first show on my tour. She's come out and sing the song she chose with me, then do one of her own. Next show she'd come on right before I did and play a full set. After the girls were done, I headed into the bus to shower and get ready. My routine wasn't nearly as long as theirs. Shower, line up my beard, put on clothes. That was it. No fuss. I had on my usual get-up. Boots, jeans, black tank top. All my rings and chains and shit, and my hat. "Lookin good outlaw." Harley purred when I walked passed her. I smirked and scooped her up into my arms. She squealed as I pulled her more solidly against me. "What'd I tell you about playing with fire little girl?" I growled and set her on her feet, grinning when she swayed. "Ladies." I waved goodbye as I headed out to go onstage.

I started the show with Kick It In The Sticks, then slowed it down a little bit with One Hell Of An Amen. I knew that the song Harley chose was gonna knock the roof off the place, so to get the crowd up again, I sang Small Town Throw Down. After that one I walked around a bit on stage and spoke to the crowd. "BG Nation!!! Right now I'd like to introduce a damn good friend of mine, and I was lucky enough to have her come out on tour with me. So yall make some noise for the beautiful Harley Knight!" I yelled. The crowd went wild. Harley came running out on stage and I hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. She grinned big and grabbed her mic. "Thank yall so much! How we doin Atlanta?!" He asked. Everyone hollered again. They loved her. "Right now, I'm gonna talk to the ladies for a minute. Yall know that sometimes, a woman just needs to feel like a woman. She needs rough... She needs tough. See, all women go through this at some point in theirs lives, for some, it's just a phase. For others, it lasts a lifetime. We can't help it. Young or old, it doesn't matter. Eventually, all women catch a case of Bad Boy Fever.." She purred into the microphone. The crowd went crazy. The band started to play...

(Brantley in bold. Harley in italics. Both in standard.)

I'm sure you've heard my reputation it's all over this small town.
But is there really any fire under all that smoke?
You know how word gets around.
Back in the day you were a straight A student,
Daddy's little girl, honey what are you doin?
Talkin 'bout lettin my hair down
We'll take a ride on the wild side of town.

Cause I want a bad boy, baby you got it.
Got a bad toy? sittin in the parkin lot.
Take me to the wrong side of the tracks.
Baby you ain't gonna wanna come back.
Cause you're a free bird and damn proud of it.
You're a sweet girl, are you sure you wanna ride with me?
Gonna raise some hell, gonna make some noise,
Cause I want a bad boy...
Want a bad boy...

Well I'll be out by your, driveway when your mom and dad lay down.
I can climb on out that window Daddy,
we'll get on out of town
I'll call up all my rowdy friends.
We'll throw down where the dirt road ends, Just have me back before the rooster crows,
Girl your mom and pops ain't gotta know!

Cause I want a bad boy, baby you got it.
Got a bad toy? sittin in the parkin lot.
Take me to the wrong side of the tracks.
Baby you ain't gonna wanna come back.
Cause you're a free bird and damn proud of it.
You're a sweet girl, are you sure you wanna ride with me?
Gonna raise some hell, gonna make some noise,
Cause I want a bad boy...
Want a bad boy...

(Instrumentals)

Cause I want a bad boy, baby you got it.
Got a bad toy? sittin in the parkin lot.
Take me to the wrong side of the tracks.
Baby you ain't gonna wanna come back.
Cause you're a free bird and damn proud of it.
You're a sweet girl, are you sure you wanna ride with me?
Gonna raise some hell, gonna make some noise,
Cause I want a bad boy...

I want a bad boy...

Girl you know you want a bad boy...

As the song ended, I had my arm around Harley. She was pressed against my chest, up on her tip toes, and we were sharing my mic. I smirked and leaned into her, nuzzling along her neck. It was a happy coincidence that she moaned when she did and the microphone picked it up. The crowd was crazy. They were chanting our names. Then somehow it changed. All that could be heard throughout the arena was 'Johnny & June!'. Apparently the fans had named us the next Johnny & June.