Chapter 44:

Brantley's POV:

I feel like an ass now. Harley thought I was cheating on her. Had I really zoned out that much? I just got so caught up planning everything for this weekend. I wanted it to be perfect. Ever since Louisiana, I had been busting my ass getting everything together. I was determined to make this perfect for her. I flew in her friends and family. Got together my side of the family, my friends, and our combined friends and co-workers. They were all waiting at the house for us. I hope they've got everything set up. I left my momma in charge of that. She had a very detailed list for everyone. Harley had no idea what was coming. We pulled up to the house and I made sure to park where she couldn't see the back yard. When we walked in, everyone yelled surprise and she grinned big and hugged me tight. I kissed her quickly and she went off to mingle. I caught Mamma's eye from across the room and she winked and nodded, giving me a thumbs up. Good. Everything was ready. I walked around and made sure that all the shades and blinds were down and closed, so Harley wouldn't see anything out back. After cake and presents, I pulled Harley in front of the French doors in the living room, her pops on one side of us, and my momma on the other. "Harley... When I first met you, I knew you were gonna be the death of me. The more time we spent together, the stronger we grew. I sit back, and I still can't believe that out of every man on the planet, you chose me. You picked this ol redneck biker. Everything about you was made just for me angel. You make me want to be a better man. I want to spend my life with you Harley, make babies with you, grow old with you. I'm yours princess, heart and soul." I paused, stepping closer. Everyone had gathered around us and was watching closely. Bri gave me a thumbs up over Harley's shoulder. Harley sniffled and wiped at her eyes, trying not to cry. Her cheeks were red and she looked at me like I was her hero. "So right here, in front of all of our friends and family, I've got a question that needs an answer little girl." I paused again. "W-what's that?" Harley murmured softly. "Marry me?" I said slowly, dropping down onto one knee and smiling up at her. I held her left hand with my right one, and with my free hand, I pulled the ring box out of my pocket. Everyone there went silent. Harley gasped and started crying in earnest. She nodded her head frantically. "Yes! YES! Brantley yes!" She hiccuped. She gave me a toothy grin and plopped her little ass right on my knee, sitting and admiring her ring. I slid it onto her finger, thankful at the perfect fit. "It's perfect!" She gushed. I stood and took her in my arms, kissing her deeply. She blushed brightly. "I don't wanna wait! How soon can we do it?" She demanded, locking her gaze with mine. "Well darlin... I was hoping you'd say that." I smirked cockily. She tilted her head in question. I nodded at my momma and Jakob. In unison they swung open the French doors leading to the backyard. "Oh my God.... Brantley..... This is beautiful...." Harley's eyes widened and she sighed dreamily. Our backyard had been transformed completely. At the far end of the property, there was an arch built from wild flowers, with a long ivory runner on the ground, dividing the chairs into sections. "Maid of honor, reporting for duty!" Bri giggled, handing Harley a bouquet to match the archway. "Best man, check!" My brother Kolby said stepping up next to me. "Father of the bride, present." Jakob said. "So what do ya say angel? We gonna do this thing or what baby girl?" I grinned big and spread my arms wide. "Hell yeah!" She grinned right back at me and kissed me quickly, snatching her bouquet from Bri and hugging the woman tightly.