Jazmine Garcia

I remember Adrian Martinez, a very wise and handsome man, whose existence became known to me when I was just ten years old. Some may say that I was too young to understand love, but it didn't matter. Love just happened when I saw Adrian for the first time on my tenth birthday. 

I still remember what I wore that day. A pink dress, designed with unicorn stickers and a matching pink with unicorn stickers headband on my head. celebrating with my best friend Aliyah, who happened to be Adrian's younger sister. That night, Adrian came to pick up his sister, Aliyah.  When he saw me, he gave me the most charming smile I had ever seen. I was immediately smitten. 

His thoughtfulness won me over when he surprised me with a unicorn-themed gift set, including pencils, pens, sharpeners, erasers, books, and colored pencils. Every item had a sticker of a unicorn on it, which I adored. 

I felt overwhelmingly happy and decided to bring a small slice of cake to him. As he was wealthy, my parents treated him like royalty. They made him sit in my room, as my birthday celebration was going on in the living room. As he looked around the room, I noticed his gaze linger on the pictures hanging on the wall. They were all of me and cello. My mother was a skilled cellist, and I followed in her footsteps by starting cello lessons on my ninth birthday.

 Despite my lack of knowledge about menstruation, I knew that my feelings for Adrian were real. He was eight years older than me, but I couldn't help how I felt. His smile and kind gesture captured my heart, and I knew that he was someone special.

"Adrian..." I articulated and stopped, pondering whether should I add a brother or not. His charming smile, made me take an immediate decision not to call him BROTHER.

I was taken aback when he knelt in front of me, planted a quick peck on my cheek, and said, "Thank you, unicorn!" before taking the plate from my hand. 

I was so thankful to Aliyah, it might be her idea that Adrian gifted me a unicorn-themed gift and even named me that.

Those memories still make me giggle to this day, even though it's been twelve years since they were made. I've held onto his gifts all this time, too afraid to use them or fear that they will be lost or depleted. And treated them as mementos of our love. His emerald eyes and generous smile are etched into my memory forever. 

 I haven't seen him since my tenth birthday, but his presence lingers in my soul and thoughts, thanks in part to Aliyah. She never stopped talking about him, her elder brother whom she admired so much. 

After I turned eleven, Adrian left to study in Italy. He only visits once a year to see his family, but he never stays at their villa. Instead, he prefers to stay in a hotel room. Even during school, he stayed in the dorms. This strange behavior has always intrigued me and boosted my interest in him.

****

Do share your views on Jazmine's little, cute secret. 

And don't forget to vote.

Thank you once again to all of you, who gave me good motivation with your words.