$ 12 $

I threw all of my things on the bed and decide to insecticide my room. "Come on Jaz, what were you thinking?"

You took my bottom lip first and then my lower lip.

Why did I kiss him?

Because you like him! My inner voice responded.

I liked him and that was in the past. Now. I just hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

I walked out of my room and made my way into the kitchen. I saw my dad cooking in the kitchen with a smile. "Dad! You look so happy."

"You know my daughter is going to be a big woman one day, and all because of her supportive father."

This is the biggest surprise I received in all these years from my father, other than alcohol liver cirrhosis. He is making an effort not only to sound like my father but also to behave. And I knew that somewhere Uncle Kush plays a role in the gradual change of my dad's behavior.

"What are you making?"

"I am grilling a fish."

"Fish!" I pried with quiet astonishment. I mean fish is not an easily affordable thing to us.

"Yes, my daughter is doing a full-time job, now. We can afford fish, and even go on shopping."

"Shopping!" Ever since my mom's incident we didn't even go grocery shopping. "We went to movies, dinners, shopping. And we will do it again." The happiness, and enthusiasm he displayed through his face and words turned me slightly emotional. "Kush told me that you were working on some project. I believe you, you will prevail it."

Out of the blue, I heard a throat-clearing voice, "Sorry to interrupt father and daughter conversation. But the cake is demanding Jazmine."

"A cake," I exclaimed delightedly watching a white cake in his hand.

"We didn't celebrate your Placement, did we?" Dad acknowledged handing me a butter knife.

I cut the cake and thanked them for everything. Later we had dinner and Uncle Kush finally announced the date of his shift to New Jersey.

Well, the actual problem started the movement I said "Good nights" to them and stepped inside my room.

Dad is showing changes, he is trying to change and even planned a surprise for me. I can't just disappoint him by revealing that I am planning to resign from my internship.

Ok. What if I don't come in contact with Adrian except in the meeting rooms? And yes no drinking when he is in my surroundings. And no proximities as we had in his penthouse.

So, let's get started. I switched on my laptop and was astonished to watch, that there are a lot of changes in my design which just excelled in its appearance. The swimming pool is changed to a bean shape and another large triangle pool is opposite it. And he even changed a little infrastructure of the houses.

So, he did this all, when my mind was recollecting Friday night's moments.

He simply cut short my work by doing things to me and I just yelled at him and walked out saying I am going to resign.

You are turning a big mystery to me daily, Adrian Martinez. You act cold with me and now this...you have done almost all of my tasks.

I slept after four hours of working on the layouts and satisfaction erupted in my heart to see a better design. Well, it looked genuinely better when compared to the previous one.

****

I looked no less than a zombie to wake up with red eyes and dark circles the very next morning. I have to pack all of my egos and hide in the cookie jar if I have to work in Martinez Constructions.