$ 23 $

Adrian left the cabin before me, leaving me alone in the dilemma with his announcement. Adrian is gonna make love with me tomorrow. Oh, God! Am I ready for it? Of course, I am twenty-three, and I should feel ashamed to be a virgin. What will people assume that I was an ugly-looking girl, that's why no male got attracted to me and asked me out. Even Ali is not a virgin anymore.

I exhaled and gave a once-over to his cabin. My eyes caught the frame fixed on the wall, behind his chair. There is something Adrian has going through. I wish I could know what memories kept him away from his house and family.

As I stepped out of his cabin, I realized that I have to face Sophia and her investigation. "come with me, girl!" She pulled me along with her in her cabin. Then she handed me some tissues. "You should know that kiss can smudge your lipstick." I took the hint to wipe my lips.

"So?" Sophia started.

"Sophia!"

"Holy moly! The way you both kissed, it was full of passion. You made me jealous girl." She spat on my shoulder and probed, "Tell me what it is. Is it a one-time thing?"

I stared at her momentarily and recalled the incident of Adrian sitting on his right knee and asking me to be his girlfriend. I tried to cease the blush sweeping my cheek but how can I stop it? "We are dating?" Well, my answer will be yes, however.

Her jaw dropped and she stared at me without any response. She acted the way I did when Adrian proposed to me. "Sophia!" I shook her shoulder. She came to her senses and glanced at her left and right. "I need air." she fanned her cheeks and sat on her chair. Next. She grabbed her water bottle and took a couple of sips from it.

"Mr. Martinez and you?" I nodded. "But he is a villain. And you are a pretty girl, Jazmine. How can you date him?"

"Unfortunately! It happened." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Are you not accustomed to his anger?" I opened my mouth to reply but she answered instead, "Of course, your smile might soothe him, instantly." I gave her a thin-line smile.

"Hmm...Sophia, can you keep this a secret? Nobody knows about him!"

"And nobody should know it, Jazmine. You have no idea, how many females are freaking out to yearn for Boss's attention on every floor. If they come to know about you dating him, everyone will plan a kidnap of yours and cut you into multiple pieces then sell in the butcher shop."

I gulped. "Sophia you are scaring me!"

"I am warning you too. Do not let him slip out of your hands. And, don't let him look for another option. A few assume that he doesn't like dating, and a few concluded that he might be gay, as you know, he has a male secretary. And come on who hires a male as secretary except Adrian Martinez? And a few girls are seeking one chance to have their hands dirty with the Boss. And I even heard that the girl in Accountants was about to have a chance to kiss him two weeks ago in a club but some annoying newbie has attracted his attention."

I cleared my throat. "So, it's you!" I gave a curt nod to her.

After comprehending Sophia's words, I anticipated my decision of taking some time to his proposal. Why do I feel regret all of a sudden? No, I can't let him go. Obviously, it will kill me if I see Adrian paying attention to another female in front of me. I stared at Sophia who stared back at me with the same cautious countenance. "I recalled something and I need to go." I rambled and strolled towards the elevator.

"What? Jazmine, I wanted to know more. Did you both..." the elevator door closed before I could hear her further. I walked inside the intern cabin. As Christ and Duke went to have their lunch, the place was empty for me to make a call to Adrian.