The truth behind Blank Check!

Four weeks ago:

Kush was making lunch for Jazmine. He got attached to her like she is his own niece. He always enjoys making food for her. So he was making her favorite Indian chicken curry and rice. After a long time, she will be free for the rest of the day and can spend time talking with her.

Out of the blue, they heard the voice of a doorbell. 

Kushwanth stared at the wall clock on the wall and worried, "Jazmine has shift till twelve but now the time is only eleven."

"I will attend it." Victor, Jazmine's father responded.

Victor went to open the door and was surprised to see a man in his late twenties, dressed in an pricey suit.

And he was no one but Adrian Martinez, CEO of Martinez Constructions.

Well, he was nervous and why wouldn't he be? After all, he came to ask that man's daughter's hand for a wedding.

"Hello, Sir," he began politely. "I am Adrian...Adrian Martinez, elder brother of Aliyah."

"But Aliyah is not here."

"I know," he paused for a moment and added, "In fact, I came to meet you."

"Oh." Victor's eyes glistened. "Please come in."

Adrian gave a once-over to the house as he stepped inside the living room. It seems like he already visited that place but has no idea when.

Kushwanth approached the living room to check why it was taking Victor so long.

Adrian got startled to find another man in the house, who had brown skin. They stared at each other with bewilderment.

"He is Aliyah's brother." Victor voiced from behind.

Still confused by his sudden visit Kush hadn't responded but only stared at him. "I am Adrian Martinez." he forwarded his hand for a shake.

"I am Kushwanth, their neighbor."

Adrian recalled Aliyah's words and was reminded of her informing them that their neighbor visits them often.

"Please, take a seat," Kushwanth spoke with generosity.

"Thank you." Adrian sat on the couch and both men kept rubbernecking him as if he is a gem in a museum or a seal in the zoo.

"Would you like to have something?" Kushwanth asked. 

"No...I am fine. I came to speak with Mr. Garcia about Jaz..." He stopped and then added, "Miss Garcia."

"What happened did she do anything?" Victor worried.

"No. Actually, I am..." Interested to marry your daughter? It's that simple but Adrian found it complicated.

He coughed suddenly and "Please forgive me but can I get some water?"

"Yeah of course." Kush escaped immediately to grab a glass of water and approached back with one.

Adrian took a couple of sips. Their stare was  making him anxious. I am the CEO of a multi-billionaire company, who had signed hundreds of deals with different people then why can't I just easily put forward the wedding proposal?

"Mr. Garcia. I want your daughter."

What?

"I mean I would like to marry your only daughter, Jazmine Garcia. Trust me I will keep her happy and be a good and responsible husband."

But Victor's head was occupied with different thoughts. Jazmine is the only person who is earning currently. Because of her they could pay the bills, buy groceries and more importantly he can buy alcohol. What if she gets married what will happen to the expenses?