Chapter 3: The Start Of A New Life

"I'm so happy that you wanted to marry me darling-cha!" Lum giggled, hugging your arm as tightly as she could while she floated beside you.

After the whole craziness of the tag game, saving the Earth and accidentally ending up with an alien as a wife....you were finally heading home to rest.

"Y-yeah....I really hope I don't live to regret this...." You were kicking yourself for not remembering that she was stood right behind you when you were talking to Ataru.

Speaking of Ataru, you knew that he was stalking you both as you walked home. His eyes were most definitely on Lum.

To be honest though, you couldn't really blame him. You thought she was really attractive, but you were much more polite and reserved about it unlike him.

"Why would you regret it-cha? Marriage is something to be cherished! I never thought I would get married to an earthling-cha!" She said cheerfully.

Glancing up at her, she was looking forward at the road ahead of you. A huge smile adorned her face which got even larger when she looked at you.

"Darling? Is something wrong-cha?" She gave you a close-eyed smile.

"N-Not really...just....you're taking this really quickly. Already calling me 'darling' and all." You said nervously hoping you weren't going to upset her.

"Is there something wrong with it-cha? Would you like me to stop?" She asked, opening her eyes again.

"N-No no! I....don't mind it actually. It....makes me feel special. You know?" You smiled back at her.

"Wonderful! I always want my darling to be happy-cha!" She adjusted herself so she was hugging the top half of your body.

You couldn't help but smile. This was the first time you had gotten this intimate with a girl before.

"I'll...do my best to make you happy to Lum. Even if I didn't mean for this to happen...." You sighed.

All of a sudden, there was a loud and harsh slapping sound which made you jump and turn around. It was followed up by a shriek of pain.

"YOU PERVERT!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE YOURSELF BECAUSE SHE'S FLYING AROUND IN A BIKINI?! HOW CAN YOU BE LIKE THIS ATARU?! I'M MEANT TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!!" Shinobu's rage could be heard by everyone in the city let alone the neighbourhood.

"I knew Ataru was following us the whole time. I should've guessed that Shinobu was tailing him too." You sighed again and shook your head. "That relationship of theirs is not healthy....I wish they could sit down and repair it together...."

You felt Lum's arms around you neck and her chin rest on your shoulder. "Darling? What is wrong with them-cha?"

"Basically Ataru is huge pervert and eyes up every woman that passes him. Shinobu is meant to be his girlfriend, but as you can tell it's not a good relationship." You explained to the oni girl as you turned around and continued walking home.

"I promise not to be like that. I'll....try my best to fit into this husband role I've got now...god what will my parents say?" You gulped and sweated a little bit.

"Oh I'm so happy to hear you say that Darling-cha!" Lum's embrace tightened as she gave you a happy zap which made you jump a little.

"That might be an issue....if she electrocutes me every time she is happy...." You sighed for the umpteenth time in just the last few minutes before finally making it back to your house.

It was a lot quieter than just a week prior. No news reporters bugging you for an interview and no massive aliens greeting you once you walked into the front room.