Chapter 5: Demon Exterminator?

Things did get a little bit better for you at school. It took a few days, but the boys eventually backed off after Lum stood up to them and warned that she wouldn't have any problems using her powers against them again.

This of course caused them to back down. They would still stare with jealously, but they generally just left you alone. Well apart from Ataru.

He did try hitting on Lum still, but he was still your friend and wanted to hang out with you.

"Sorry about all that Y/N....please forgive me! You're still my friend!" He begged you.

You just told him to stop trying to lay his hands on Lum and that you didn't have any problems with him other than that and that he should really work things out with Shinobu.

That would prove to take time through of course.

He took you to one of his favourite places in the city so he could get you something to eat. It was also one of the rare times in the last few days that Lum wasn't with you.

She was busy moving stuff from her UFO to your house as she was serious about this whole living together thing. You didn't mind it though.

She had made you very happy so far.

"I haven't actually seen you out of school for a little while. What have you been up to? Has everything been alright at home?" You asked him as he slurped up his ramen.

"It's been pretty quiet to be honest. I've been trying to call Shinobu but she doesn't really seem that interested in talking to me right now." Ataru chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Go and see her in person then. It'll show her that you are committed. And for goodness sake if she forgives you, don't blow it after five seconds. In fact, don't blow it at all! She really likes you dude!" You said to him before going back to your food, leaving him in a state of thought.

"You know....you always try and help me. No matter how many times I screw up, you always try your best to help. I won't forget that Y/N! I'll make you proud!" He said determinedly as he stood up from his seat.

"It's not about making me proud, it's about making Shinobu-Chan happy. She deserves the very best and I know you can give that to her! You just....need pushing in the right direction." You said before finishing your food and standing up from the table as well.

"Come on. Let's go to the cafe and get some desert. I'll pay for it this time." Your words made Ataru practically light up as he bounced out of the store.

Unfortunately, he wasn't looking where he was going and bumped into a woman who was walking past. Furthermore, the woman seemed to moan after Ataru crashed into her, immediately sending the boy into his crazed perverted state.

"I am so sorry madam! Are you hurt in any way?! Is it your heart?! I know how to fix that! If we remove your bra we can-." He was waffling when she turned around and hit him with her bag, sending him flying back.

"Jeez dude. We only just got out of the shop and you want to take a woman's bra off? You know what, it's not worth me commenting further on it." You sighed and shook your head, crouching down to check on the woman.

"Sorry about him. He's like that all the time. Do you need any help? Do we need to take you to the hospital?" You asked, being far more polite and keeping your hands to yourself.

"N-No....it's just the shock of being bumped into put too much strain on my heart...." She took a sharp intake of breath before reaching out and clinging to you. "Your friend....he is incredibly unlucky..."

"Unlucky? I don't know if being a perv really means he's unlucky....but lady, we should sit you down. You're breathing really heavily." You said to her, visually concerned with how it still seemed like she was struggling to breathe.