Chapter 8: Another Alien Princess

Even after all that happened in the cave on the trip with school, you still found yourself hanging around with Ataru, Mendō and Shinobu as Lum of course tagged along with you.

You weren't sure if you could class it as a friendship group yet as you knew the only reason Ataru was there, was to try and win Shinobu back.

Meanwhile, Shinobu was still more interested in Mendō, with said boy still seeming interested in Lum from what you could tell. That's why you made sure you kept an eye on him and what he was doing.

Although you knew Lum was very capable of handling herself. It all just seemed to have formed into one big love circle.

But here you were, playing Tennis with everyone. At the moment you and Lum were playing against Mendō and Shinobu while Ataru was sat out.

You did rotate with him every so often, but he much preferred to be on Shinobu's side than Lum's. That didn't mean Shinobu was happy with it though.

It was sad for you seeing the two of them slowly drifting apart as they had been together for quite some time and you were really happy for them.

Then again, Ataru only had himself to blame for the whole thing.

"Lum! Heads up!" You called out to her as the ball flew over from the other side towards her.

"Got it darling-cha!!!" She reeled her arm back and hit the ball back over towards Mendō.

It went back and forth like this for a little while, until Lum got the better of Mendō and won the rally. This made her extremely happy, her celebrations were adorable as she flew over to you and embraced you tightly.

That ever enchanting close eyed smile was contagious, causing you to smile as well.

"You did good Lum." You pat her head which got a giggle in return.

"Hey Mendō." Ataru suddenly piped up. "Heads up."

"What do you-." Mendō tried to reply, but was promptly cut off by a large capsule landing right on top of him, resulting in a loud thud.

"HOLY SHIT!!! WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?!" You exclaimed, letting go of Lum to go and check on Mendō.

"Princess!!" A voice called out from above. You nearly freaked out again when you saw a group of crows flying over to you, while yelling.

What surprised you even further, was the fact that they managed to lift the capsule off Mendō and moved it to one side.

"Are you alright there?" You asked him, getting over your initial shock and giving him a helping hand.

"Moroboshi you moron!!! Why didn't you warn me about that?!" Mendō screamed at the boy who just shrugged his shoulders in response.

"I did say 'heads up'." He stated, uninterested.

"Oh goodness! You there! You are perfect!!!" One of the crows got everyone's attention. It was pointing at Mendō and soon enough, all of the crowd were dragging him towards the capsule.

"Perfect? In what way is he perfect? And who are you guys?" You asked while following them.

"We have been searching far and wide for a groom to marry our Princess Kurama! And you tick all of the boxes! You see, our princess has a checklist that has all of her requirements for the perfect man!" One of the crows explained as you stood over the capsule.

Inside was a girl who looked to be asleep.

"Another alien girl? How many are there on Earth now? I thought it would be only Lum." You thought to yourself, only to be pushed to one side by a charging Ataru.