Chapter 17: Farewell Ran!

After the sports day and the evening that followed, you had noticed a shift in Lum's behaviour. When you tried asking her about it, she would continue to brush it off and say she was fine.

Trusting Lum's word, you dropped the subject soon after knowing that an alien from outer space with the ability to use electricity was more than capable of handling herself.

During lunch one day, Lum excused herself and took a walk around the school. Why? Because she had been given a piece of paper from Ran.

The note told her to go around the back of the school, hence why she was around there. It was an area that was quiet and devoid of anyone, until Lum felt a tug on her skirt.

She looked down and there was this little robot looking up at her. This robot looked exactly like Ran and upon seeing Lum, it had slowly walked up to her.

The blue haired oni crouched down and started to speak to the little Ran-bot.

"Ran? Is that you? Why did you wanna meet back here-cha?" Lum asked.

"I am going back to my home world!" The Ran-bot said, taking Lum completely by surprise.

"Already? But I thought you came all this way just to get revenge on me-cha!" Lum said.

"Yeah well, I've totally given up on that idea! Sniffle, sniffle!" The robot said, covering its eyes as it pretended to cry.

"What's wrong-cha?" Lum asked, knowing that Ran must be upset.

"I just don't want you to hate me Lumy-poo." She said.

"Awww Ran you finally came around-cha!" Lum said, happy that Ran seemed to have let go of the grudge she was carrying all this time.

"So since I'm leaving, I'll be holding a farewell party this Sunday! Be sure to bring your darling!" Ran-bot said, immediately raising Lum's suspicions again mere moments after she had thought her friend had buried the hatchet.

"What why him-cha?" Lum asked, raising an eyebrow.

"But don't tell him anything about me going home! It's just too sad! Please trust me Lumy-Poo!" The robot said as Lum just glared at it, unsure of whether she should trust Ran after what she was threatening of pulling.

"All I want is to spend my last precious moments on Earth with you and your darling!" The bot said.

"Message end! This bot will self destruct in three seconds! Hehe!" It continued. 

A loud beeping started to sound as Lum sat there processing what had been said. Before she could attempt to move, the small robot glowed brightly before blowing up.

The explosion was relatively small and kicked up a pink smoke cloud. Lum wasn't harmed at all, onto coughing slightly as the smoke cleared.

A piece of paper floated down from the source of the explosion and landed in front of Lum. When she opened her eyes and saw it, she picked it up to take a closer look at it.

On the paper was a basic map that has been drawn by hand. It was a map that had simple directions to where Ran was living. The more Lum stared at the map, the more she debated whether or not she should hear Ran out.

She really wanted to since she had been friends with her since they were really small, but she had changed so much since then. She didn't trust that Ran had just suddenly had a change of heart in a few days.

Eventually though, she decided that she would go to see Ran on Sunday. She was going to take you along as well, but would make sure she did not take her eyes off you even for a second.