The Order

The Great Hall had undergone an astonishing recovery as Lupin and the rest of the Hogwarts staff had spent the last hour repairing it after their battle with the Reapers. Although the ceiling still bore quite a bit of damage, it had been concealed by a charm making it appear as though the top of the hall opened up into a beautiful evening skyscape above. It was an ingenious piece of magic that was often used quite effectively to fill Hogwarts students with a sense of awe and wonder as they entered the hall for the first time. In this case it was in place to cover the large, gaping hole made by Scar, which had so far resisted all magical efforts to repair it.

The hall had been cleared of students, teachers, and staff so that only a few individuals and a large black dog remained in the room to greet Professor Dumbledore and his party as they entered through the beautifully restored main portals. Elise immediately noticed the dog and was delighted. She rushed ahead, knelt on one knee, and began stroking its head and back.

"Oh, what a beautiful animal!" she exclaimed, then started rigorously massaging the dog's neck and behind its ears. "Who's a good boy? Who's such a good boy!" she said in a child-like voice. The dog was clearly enjoying the attention and his tail wagged energetically.

When the others had caught up with her, they stood about staring at the scene, looking somewhat uncomfortable, except for the Doctor who was about to reach down and pet the animal as well. He stopped when Elise, noticing the discomfort of the others, rose to her feet.

"Now, perhaps the nice doggy wouldn't mind turning back into a man so that we can be properly introduced." Elise said with a hint of censure in her voice as she casually brushed away clumps of fur from her hands.

With that, the scruffy looking dog took off across the hall and disappeared beneath a table. Soon after, Professor McGonagall, who had already been in the hall, approached the group and asked the Doctor and Professor Dumbledore to accompany her to Professor Sprout, who had something important she needed to discuss with them. The two of them headed off with McGonagall while Remus Lupin stepped in to make introductions.

Meanwhile, a tall, handsome man with long, black hair and gray eyes wandered forward from the back of the hall where the large dog had vanished moments ago. The man wore a black shirt, covered by a striped, olive sports jacket which Elise found rather striking.

"Elise Winchester, please allow me to introduce you to Sirius Black," said Lupin.

Elise gave Sirius her warmest, most captivating smile as she reached out and took his hand to shake it. She then reached out her other hand and gracefully placed it on Sirius' arm, just above the wrist.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Black she said," in a charming voice as she fixed her eyes on his.

"The pleasure is mine, Miss Winchester," Sirius said as he awkwardly started shaking her hand.

Still staring into his eyes, Elise slowly let his hand slip out of hers, then turned to her right, where a young woman with a pale, heart-shaped face and violet hair was also waiting to be introduced to her.

"And this lovely young woman goes by the name of Tonks," Lupin said, being careful not to use her proper first name, which she hated, to avoid her wrath.

Elise and Tonks hit it off immediately, and the two of them began discussing all sorts of things. Lupin, in the meantime had stepped back over the Sirius.

"Did you see how she was chatting me up?" asked Sirius. "I think she likes me."

"Don't flatter yourself, Black," said Professor Snape as he joined the group and stepped right in front of Sirius. "Miss Winchester was merely screening you."