The Disciple Of The Light

"Doctor, why is this old man pointing a stick at me?" Rose called out.

The Doctor quickly stepped up to begin introductions. "Professor Dumbledore, I would like you to meet Rose...ah...Smith. Rose, this is Professor Albus Dumbledore."

"I'm delighted to meet you Rose," said Dumbledore pleasantly as he lowered his wand. "Might I inquire as to what you are doing in my hospital?"

"Please hold that thought for just a minute, Mr. Dumbledore," Rose replied, then turned and shouted back into the room. "Cass dear, we have company."

"Who is it...dear," a man's voice inside answered awkwardly.

"Who do you think?" she responded with a hint of annoyance.

"Oh, yes, we are ready now," said the voice. "Please invite them in."

As everyone stepped inside, the first thing they noticed was the mess. Chairs and beds had been tossed about as if they had been made of cardboard. At least one of the beds in the center of the room was still upright, and a man in a tan trench coat stood in front of it with his back towards them. At his feet were the splintered remains of the beautiful casket Professor Snape had commissioned.

Castiel turned to face his guests, stepping aside to reveal the casket's former occupant sitting on the side of the bed, looking as alive everyone remembered. Although seeming as if she was slightly hungover.

"Elise!" shouted Jack.

Elise winced at the sudden loud noise.

"Jack...long time no see! What's it been, about three days now?"

Castiel leaned over to Elise and spoke quietly to her. "Actually, you've only been dead for five and-a-half hours."

"Really?" she said softly. "It seemed a lot longer. Why couldn't it be three days?"

"Because the three-day turnaround is not included in your plan Elise," replied Castiel.

Elise realized at that moment how rude she was being and decided it was time to begin introductions. She slid down off the hospital bed and conducted Castiel over to Professor Dumbledore.

"Castiel, allow me to introduce you to..." she started, but Castiel was way ahead of her.

"Albus Dumbledore, pleasure to meet you." said Castiel.

"The pleasure is all mine, sir," Dumbledore replied.

"And this is..." Elise started again but was again interrupted.

"Severus Snape and Minerva McGonagall," he said. Rubeus Hagrid and Remus Lupin are coming through the door right now."

As soon as she could get a few words in edgewise, Elise told them all about Castiel, and what a good friend he was in her own world. She did, however, leave out the part about him being an angel. Best not to chase that rabbit down the hole just now.

"Oh, and I believe you and Jack Harkness have already met," Elise said.

"Hello, Jack." Castiel called out, raising his arm in a quick wave.

"Hello yourself," Jack replied, trying to sound alluring.

"Not now, Jack," the Doctor scolded. Jack started to object, but the Doctor was already engaged.

"And this must be the Doctor," said Castiel. "I am particularly pleased to meet you."

"No, the pleasure is all mine," said the Doctor cheerfully. "Jack here has told me all about you," he lied, glancing over at Jack with a subtle, scathing look.