Chapter 18

Allison and I drove Lydia home. "We need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened."

Lydia looked at us. "I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if either of you can tell me what the hell just happened..."

Allison looked at me, then hesitated. "It's-it's kind of complicated."

Lydia frowned irritably. "Well, how about you start with why was Derek there? Or where Jackson was? Or what is wrong with Erica?"

We both went silent, thinking up of an explanation.

"Oh, do you two need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?" Lydia sassed us.

Allison sighed. "Part of the reason why we're asking is because Parker had too much to deal with right now with her brother, and Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, okay? So, it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself."

Lydia sighed, but nodded. "Fine. I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend—which is nothing—to myself."

"Hey...he's not just my boyfriend. You get that, right?" Allison grabbed into Lydia's arm to stop her from leaving the car.

Lydia looked at her coldly. "Let me go."

"Just, for one second, please, try and remember—" Allison said, or tried to.

Lydia was now growing impatient. "Remember what?"

"Remember what it feels like...All those times in school when you see him standing down the hall, and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times in class when you-you can't stop looking at the clock, because you know that he's standing right out there waiting for you. Don't you remember what that's like?"

Lydia sighed sadly. "No."

She looked confused. "What do you mean, "No?" You've had boyfriends."

"None like that." she answered sheepishly, getting out of the car and heading into her house.

We watched her get into her house before I climbed into the front seat, buckling myself in and looking at Allison.

"You sure this is a good idea?" I asked.

"Yeah. My dad should be fine with it." she answered as she shifted the car into drive, heading out of her driveway and down the road. "I've had plenty—"

"Yeah, but, I mean, are you sure you're dad's going to be okay with a werewolf sleeping over? And more importantly, Gerard?" I asked in a slight panic.

"You'll be fine, Parker. I told my dad to be on his best behavior. And as for Gerard, he's out somewhere with my mother. Probably bingo, or whatever old hunters do. So it's just going to be us three." she answered me.

"That somehow doesn't make me feel any better." I said skeptically.

She laughed a little. "It's okay, Parker. As long as you don't do anything life-threatening to me, you'll be just fine. My dad promised."

"Yeah, Allison, saying your dad promised still doesn't make me feel safe."

                             ========

We walked up to her door and I looked around, looking for the nearest exits and windows if Chris Argent decided to end the truce and start shooting.

"Calm down, Parker." Allison said as she got out her keys and opened the door, gesturing me into her house and closing the door behind her.