Chapter 47

I sat on the couch besides Stiles as Melissa dug around her nurse's bag in the kitchen, ready to give him a check up to make sure he was himself.

    I slid my hand into Stiles' and he looked at me. "Can I ask you something?" I asked softly.

    "About what?" he answered.

    "...um...is it okay if I talk to you about...Void?" I asked, immediately regretting it when I saw his hurt face when I mentioned his name. "Never mind. We can talk later. When-whenever you're ready."

    He smiled softly. "Thanks, Parker."

    I smiled and leaned my forehead against his temple, kissing his cheek. "When you're ready. Only if you're ready."

His hand wrapped around mine and he placed them against his chest. "I love you."

"I love you." I answered in a whisper, closing my eyes and leaning against his side.

Melissa walked into the room, having me open my eyes. "As cute as you two are, I need to check up on Stiles." she crouched down and placed her stethoscope on his skin, checking to see if he was himself. "Well...medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person..." Melissa said as she put her stethoscope away.

"Okay, so I'm real—but am I the real me?" Stiles asked, his hand wrapping tighter around mine at the sound of a car door slamming. "Is she here?" he asked Scott.

    "Yeah..." he nodded.

    Stiles sighed and nodded. "Okay, let's do this."

    "Stiles..." I got his attention when we stood up. "are you sure?"

    He looked at me, then nodded. "Yeah. We have to do this."

    The door opened and and Noshiko walked into the living room. "Do you recognize me?"

    Kira ran into the house soon after, out of breath. "Stop!"

    "It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come." Stiles said to Kira.

    Kira looked at him, stunned. "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords. Mom, don't do this to him."

    Noshiko looked at her daughter. "It's already done. Look behind his ear."

    I looked behind Stiles' ear, seeing the small ink number 5. "It worked. When the Nogitsune left you, it must have branded you with the number so you're not possessed anymore."

    "So, I'm actually me?" Stiles asked.

    "More you than the Nogitsune." Noshiko answered.

    "Can the Oni find him?" I asked Noshiko, skidding my hand into Stiles'.

    Noshiko looked towards the window, then looked back at us. "Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now."

    "Can they kill him?" Stiles asked.

    Noshiko shrugged. "Depends on how strong he is."

    I sighed softly. "He's strong. Really strong. What about Lydia? Why would he take her?"

    "He would only take her for an advantage." she answered.

    "You mean her power?" Stiles asked.

    Noshiko nodded. "The power of a Banshee."

                                ========

Parrish told me and Stiles to wait outside the Sheriff's door as he went into the office, leaving the door cracked so we could listen in. "Go home, Sheriff. If anything comes up about Stiles or Parker, you know I'd call you in a second."