Chapter 24

I walked into the locker room with my uncle and brother, catching sight of Isaac and Scott as they looked through Stiles' locker.

    "Guys. We need to talk." I got their attention, having them look at us, surprise written on Scott's face when he saw Peter.

Scott looked from Peter, to me. "What the hell is this???"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station..." Derek interrupted.

Scott looked at Derek, appalled. "Okay, hold on! He-he threatened to kill my mom! And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

Peter spoke up for the first time. "I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous!"

I sighed and at my uncle. "Uncle Peter, we talked about this. Thoughts to yourself."

Isaac grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him. "...who is he?"

"That's Peter, Derek and my uncle. A little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat."

Peter smiled and waved at Isaac. "Hi."

Isaac looked st Peter, nodding. "...that's good to know."

"How is he alive?" Scott asked.

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson...and maybe how to save him." I told Scott

"Well, that's very helpful...except Jackson's dead." Isaac answered.

"What?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." Scott answered, looking at me. "You saw it."

"I saw him lying on the ground, having used his own venom on himself. I don't qualify that as dead." I answered him.

Isaac looked from me, to Scott. "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?"

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen—Gerard wanted it to happen." Peter answered.

"But why?" Derek asked.

Peter looked st his nephew. "Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

"I vote we go back to the house and try to find out why the hell Gerard would want Jackson to stab himself, and we also multi-task trying to find Stiles." I said.

Scott shrugged. "Works for me. Also, here." he tossed me a shoe. "See if you can catch Stiles' scent."

I looked at the shoe. "A shoe?"

"Welcome to the shoe club, Parker!" Isaac said, putting his arm around me. "I was getting lonely over here with only Lefty here to keep me company." he said, holding up the shoe.

I smiled at him, looking back at Scott. "Who's riding with who?"

"I'm keeping you with me. I like you." Isaac said with a grin at me.

                             ========

I walked back down the stairs and sat on the steps, sighing when everyone regrouped in the main hall. "Anything?"

    "No. I looked everywhere." Derek answered with a sigh.

    Peter smirked. "You didn't look everywhere." he came over to me. "Move, please."

    I moved up at step and watched at my uncle took out the wood from the step and got out a rectangular box, setting it in his lap.

    "You didn't look here." he said.