Chapter 6: Paparazzi and Questions

Tommy's POV

"Phil I'm not supposed to work today!" Phil glares at me.

"Stop whining! After your fucking stunts and the fact you disobeyed me to go with the enemy the other day, you WILL work this shift." Phil hisses.

"Hey dad! Sorry I am late. I had to sign autographs. I am ready to work." Techno states as he barges through the office door.

"Oh, it is fine Techno. Tommy is covering your shift now. It isn't like he can do anything else." Techno glared Phil, but Phil didn't seem to notice.

"Well if he is a part of our crew... why doesn't Wilbur take the shift as I help him practice."

"No need. He isn't going to be racing. Besides, Wilbur is working on his music." Phil was such a sour bitch. Why not rub it in my face more! "Now go Tommy, before I make you work tomorrow too."

I huff, but I bit back my tongue. I really wanted to hang out with Tubbo and Ranboo tomorrow.

The shift was going well until 20 people with cameras a news crews barge in. I didn't pay much attention to it. Probably wanted to interview my family. That is what I thought at a least until I hat a fucking microphone shoved in my face. My eyes widened as cameras surrounded me.

"You are Tommy Innit Minecraft correct?" I look at them confused.

"...Yea? Do you need me to get Wilbur, Techno, and Phil for you?" This just has to be a misunderstanding.

"Actually... We wanted to ask you some questions!" The lady said him her sweet yet sickening voice.

"Like?"

"How have you grown overnight? How is this new popularity with the videos and the announcement that you are the newest SBI racer?"

"I-uh... Good I guess... I have always been in my family's shadow, so it is good. I guess I just got luck with the videos becoming popular." The lady smiled.

"Don't be shy! Now. How did you learn to drive like that? You are a natural!"

I smiled a little at the comment, "Well Wilbur taught me when I was younger, but he stopped when he was added to the SBI Racers. Then I just taught myself. Now it feels easy."

The lady smiled, "Great! Now how was your victory with Dream? Are you and the Dream Team close unlike with your family?"

"Well, I have always looked up to them. They were my role models. The video blowing up had them come here to hang out with me. They were better in person and even asked me to join their team," I grinned but quickly frowned, "...but Phil had other plans."

The lady saw my upset expression, "Don't you look up to your family?"

"Not really... Maybe Techno a little bit but they really aren't the type of people I want to be."

"Oh, well one last question. When will we see you in action? The public is dying to know when you will race!" I sigh.

"Well I probably will stay on the sidelines because I am 'talentless' compared to my family." 

"The public would disagree. They say you are the best racer they have seen!" I chuckle.

"Well the public can be great." The lady smiled.

"Thank you for the interview!"

I nod, as she does her outro for a break. The paparazzi takes pictures of me before they go on their way to find their next victim. I sigh with relief and continue my shift. I thankfully made it the rest of they day without anymore weird interactions.

I begin to close up when somebody grabs my shoulder. I jump in surprise and look to see it was Techno.

"Oh hey."

"Nice interview today." I was in shock. Shit

"D-does Phil know?" Techno shook his head.

"No. I just saw the news station and got an interview. When she mentioned you being interviewed before, I checked it out. I am honored to be somewhat looked up to." I chuckle.

I go back to locking the door until he stopped me.

"You know... 

We should hang out and race."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of this chapter. Hope you enjoyed. Have a great day!

Word Count: 669