Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Notes, Support snow jinx original author, For new update epilogue. ❄️ spoiler alert? It's a whirl wind!

After the battle with Pitch, the crew return to the Pole for some celebrations.

That stupid little...!

Bunny dropped to his paws and arched his back, every single joint popping, every single nerve frazzled.

The sleigh ride back to the Pole was another horror show, thanks to North and his frosty little sidekick. He couldn't believe the oversized crackpot would give Jack a turn on the reins! He would rather take on Pitch and his nightmare horses solo than go another round on that death trap.

"Easy there, Cottontail," came a snicker behind him. "Your balance might still be off."

"One hour!" Bunny raged, swinging around and jutting his finger at the white-haired terror. "One hour was how long you lasted before you went right back to being a pain in the arse!"

"Calm down. It was only three loops." Jack swiped his paw away, as relaxed as ever. "And it took your mind off Easter, didn't it? I said I was sorry about what happened to the Warren, and I meant it. If you'd get out of your own way for two minutes, you'd see I only want to help-"

"I'm the Easter Bunny, mate. I don't need anyone's help, especially yours," he said darkly. "The ankle-biters haven't forgotten me. I'll have them back on side in no time."

He tried to sound like he meant it, but he could still feel the raw ache in his core at the memory of the kids walking through him as if he wasn't there. Completely invisible. Like he didn't even exist.

"Fine. Doesn't matter. Like anybody could ever forget how big and important you are," scoffed Jack, twirling his staff through the air like the bloody show pony he was. "But what else are you?"

Bunny shook himself out of his thoughts, frowning. "What?"

"Just admit it," he teased, kicking his staff and folding his arms, letting it swing from his elbow. "After tonight, you're going to go straight back to your Warren, locked off, and we won't see you until next year-"

"What of it!"

"You might be the grand Easter Bunny, but from what I can tell, you haven't been around other people in decades, maybe centuries! It's time to get above ground, have some fun! You could-"

"You're judging me for not having people in my life? Do you know what irony is?"

"I..." Jack's jaw tightened, his humour leaving him. "At least I had an excuse."

"So you did," smirked Bunny, sensing victory on the horizon. He stepped close enough to see the flecks of pale blue in wide sapphire eyes. To give Jack his due, he didn't back away like others would, squaring his shoulders instead. "And now that you have a handful of believers, you think you're going to be a social butterfly? I don't think so. You'll do what you do best - piss everyone off and end up alone. Again. The last few days won't mean a thing."

"Are you serious? I don't think I'll ever be a social butterfly, nowhere close, but saying I'll 'end up alone again'?" Jack huffed out a bitter laugh, gripping his staff close. "So much for new life, new beginnings and... and hope... Agh! For one second, I thought you were more than just a giant, furry idiot. I guess I was wrong."

Bunny bared his teeth and leaned right into his irritating elfish face. "And I thought you were more than just an irresponsible, selfish..."

Damn.