Chapter 11

Day Two - Part Two

Hope everyone is enjoying the festive season!

Jack and Bunny try to figure out what to do with their night.

"Just... a bit further! You're so squirmy!"

"Squirmy?! I haven't budged! You're wriggling!"

"You're wriggling... like a giant nervous bunny..."

"Give me any more cheek and I'll drop you right here!"

"No, you won't," snorted Jack, stretching further, one hand holding onto the fur on Bunny's head, his other reaching with his staff towards the ceiling above the centre of the bed. "A little higher?"

Bunny adjusted him on his shoulders, holding his knees tightly, his large ears resting against Jack's stomach. "Be careful!"

"I... am..." he strained, finally hitting the crook off the roof with a thud.

He dropped his arm with a frustrated sigh. "Solid. That's the last- Whoa!"

Bunny suddenly wobbled on the soft mattress and blankets, and Jack felt himself slip backwards.

Panicking, he tried to fly out of instinct with no effect, but strong arms quickly wrapped around his back and legs, and he was pulled into Bunny's body.

He was fast, there was no doubting that.

"Gotcha, Frostbite," Bunny chuckled, looking down at him with mischievous green eyes. "Used to you taking a tumble now."

"Well, I'm not," Jack relaxed into the safe hold, prodding Bunny grumpily in his whiskery cheek. "And you're one to talk."

"Poor grounded flyer," cooed Bunny as he let him down carefully. "You're breaking my heart, mate."

"Shut up," he grumbled, jumping from the bed and twirling his staff. "As soon as we're out of here, I'm flying until I can't anymore. I hate being stuck indoors."

"You're telling me," Bunny agreed, rolling his shoulders. "I just want to run and run until I can't feel my legs. Being cooped up is-"

"The worst," finished Jack, glancing at him with a lopsided smile. Bunny was just as much of an outdoors person as he was. Even the Warren was kind of outdoors, in a magical sort of way. He should have known Bunny would be feeling like a hamster in a cage too. "Would it be weird if I said I miss racing you?"

"You mean you miss losing to me," smirked Bunny, giving him a shove as he wandered towards the fireplace.

Jack raised his eyebrows. "Is that a challenge, Cottontail?"

"You bet your frosted arse it is," Bunny turned around laughing. It trailed off as he glowered at the room. "A challenge for when we're free, which I don't think will be any time soon. This place is a damn fortress!"

"Yeah, no kidding," muttered Jack, taking a few steps forward and leaping onto the back of the couch, perching there. He tapped the couch cushions with his staff in a futile attempt to freeze them. He missed his magic. "I'm out of ideas."

They'd tried everything. They'd dug their nails (and claws) into every floorboard. They'd tested every brick for a weak spot. Bunny had tried kicking the door to the point he was so offended it wasn't cracking under his 'supreme' strength, he'd thrown a fist instead, then tried to hide his sore paw from Jack like a pouting toddler.

He shook it off quickly enough when Jack threatened to get the lavender balm.

Checking the ceiling had been Jack's idea, and Bunny had indulged him, letting him stand and sit on his shoulders as he needed like it was the easiest thing in the world.