Chapter 27

Day Six - Part Four

Jack and Bunny enjoy aftermath cuddles.

Jack's bare skin sparkled in the hazy sunlight shining through the large icy window. It wasn't going to last for long. Dark clouds were rolling in from the distance, threatening the afternoon sky...

But it wasn't as if either of them needed to worry about what was going on outside.

Frost tickled Bunny's nose as he breathed Jack in, mindlessly rolling his chin over his cool neck and shoulder.

That same frost was glittering all around them, making a mockery of North's wards and the heat from the fireplace crackling in the fort.

Magic was quite literally in the bloody air.

This didn't feel real.

Propped up against big, fluffy pillows with Jack stark naked in his lap, dozing on his chest, claws travelling over painted skin, sketching patterns in no particular order, purring unashamedly loudly as Jack's slender hand massaged behind his ear, scratching and rubbing, twirling his fur between long fingers...

This wasn't quite what he'd meant when he asked to be closer to Jack, but he was utterly lost in those blissful touches all the same.

He could spend eternity like this, holding Jack in his arms, tightening around him every time those fingers found a new spot that made his purr deepen.

Damnit, maybe this was cabin fever madness.

He wouldn't be surprised.

This was them. The Easter Bunny and Jack Frost.

They were infamous for being at each other's throat. For their unapologetic arguments, for getting in each other's faces until they had to be knocked out, and yet this...

This shouldn't feel like... like this.

Bunny exhaled. "This doesn't make sense."

"Hm. I know," mumbled Jack from somewhere deep in Bunny's ruff. The same thoughts must have been floating around his mind too. That was comforting. "I don't even want to bug you right now, and I always want to bug you."

"I'm not even mad about that," he said, nestling his nose into the obscene mess on top of Jack's head.

"See? And you get mad about everything! It's like the world is upside down."

Bunny scowled and nipped the top of his ear between his teeth, before continuing to run his muzzle over all his soft hair and smooth skin. After what they'd just done, after almost losing him to a blasted Wendigo, after the absurdity this week had been, he couldn't help it.

"Ugh, that's so nice too," groaned Jack, peering up, his fringe stuck to his forehead. "What are you doing anyway?"

"Lying here," he smirked. "With you."

"Ha ha, funny bunny," he drawled, rolling his eyes. "You keep rubbing your face on me."

"I'm not rubbing my face on you," scoffed Bunny. "I'm leaving my scent on you. There's a difference."

Although now that he said it out loud, it didn't sound much better.

"Leaving your scent." Jack cocked an amused eyebrow, but there was an undercurrent of genuine curiosity in his voice. He leaned his chin on Bunny's shoulder, exaggeratedly fluttering his eyelashes. "Letting everyone know I'm yours?"

"Shut it. It's not like that," smiled Bunny, nudging his head. Well, it wasn't entirely like that. He stared at the brick wall beyond the bed, thinking about how best to explain it. "It's not possessive exactly, or at least not in the way you're thinking, pest. It might seem a bit pointless, but marking with scent is ingrained in Pooka. Instinctual. If there were others who could pick up scent like I can, they would know you... you belong. N-Not to me specifically, although if they knew me, they would likely have a few questions."